A well-established animal welfare charity is seeking a Major Donor Officer to join a collaborative and supportive team based in central London.
The Major Donor Officer will have the opportunity to enter an organisation with a long history of success and a solid donor base.
Working with the Philanthropy team, the Major Donor Officer will be responsible for the recruitment and retention of high-net worth supporters to achieve targets and produce events.
- Supporting the Philanthropy Team Manager in delivering the major donor elements of the fundraising strategy.
- Managing a portfolio of existing major donors and prospects and ensure a first- class cultivation and stewardship journey
- Attending meetings with existing and new donors, develop bespoke, personalised written communications and proposals; and prepare budgets to accompany approaches.
- Making new approaches by email/letter/phone to individuals of exceptional high-net worth
Skills and experience required:
- Experience working in the non-profit sector, preferably within a major donor/major gifts/philanthropy role
- Proven track record of personally securing five figure major gifts from individuals in a charity environment to meet agreed targets.
- Proven experience of 'making the ask' and supporting senior staff, volunteers and trustees to do so.
- Demonstrable experience of writing successful, inspiring, emotive and technically accurate proposals, tailored to a major donor audience and with a focus on outcomes and impact.