Our client, a large and international, well-known welfare charity, is looking for a Senior Direct Marketing Officer for a fixed-term contract of 6 months, with a possible extension to 9 months.
The Senior Direct Marketing Officer is responsible for working with colleagues in the development and implementation of campaigns to recruit and develop new donors through a variety of media. This includes managing operational aspects of campaign planning and execution, as well as overseeing and supporting the operational delivery of the campaign. In addition, you will have direct line management responsibilities for up to two team members.
The role also involves working on fundraising campaigns and projects across other teams within the Fundraising Directorate, dependent on resource needs, therefore a proven track record of fundraising in a growing and dynamic environment.
- Operationally manage the day-to-day development and execution of direct marketing campaigns, from beginning to end, to generate new donors for the charity
- To manage relationships and campaigns with external agencies (such as printers, fulfilment agencies, professional fundraising organisations, media agencies etc.) to enable effective delivery of campaigns
- Assist the Quality and Training Team to carry out training sessions to groups of external fundraisers.
- Collate and produce results for each campaign, regularly updating internal teams, and to provide a detailed analysis and recommendations for future campaigns
Line-manage direct marketing assistants and ensure they are effectively trained, developed and motivated
- Project manage and support team members to project manage each fundraising activity according to stringent budget and tight timetables
- Excellent knowledge of a range of direct marketing and digital fundraising channels and techniques (including print-based recruitment (door drops, inserts, press), face-to-face fundraising or telephone fundraising)
- Proven and significant experience of creating and managing a range of direct marketing campaigns to a large audience
- Excellent Analytical skills, with a proven ability to analyse and interpret results, as well as data analysis trends and KPI's
- Line-management experience