Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
Rough Sleeper Outreach Worker CBC
Monday-Thursday 8.30-4.30 however some unsocial hours and weekend work will be required. This will typically involve a regular 5am Friday start or a late finish no more than once a week. Bank Holidays may be worked on a rota basis for which time in lieu may be taken.
25 days plus bank holidays
Based across Central Bedfordshire Borough including Leighton Buzzard, Dunstable and Biggleswade.
Conditions of employment
As contained in staff contract and NOAH Enterprise’s Statement of Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Handbook.
Outreach Team Leader
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those who are among the poorest in our community.
Your initial remit will be to ensure that rough sleepers are offered prompt and effective support to move away from life on the streets. You will be committed, compassionate, caring, have common sense and be empathetic to the needs of those among the most deprived. You will work with people who may be chaotic, may have mental health and addiction issues but need your help and support.
The post is based in Central Bedfordshire and you will be required to travel throughout the Borough, therefore having your own transport is essential.
Throughout your work you will have considerable autonomy and significant periods of time lone working enabling you to make a personal difference to people’s lives. You will have excellent time-management, prioritisation, organisational, inter-personal, and administrative skills. You will be competent in IT and communication, have the ability to build relationships with people from many nationalities and a commitment to help those in need. You will be persistent and undaunted in the face of seeming adversity.
Purpose of the job
· Working as part of a three-person outreach team you will provide an effective Street Outreach Programme ensuring engagement with Rough Sleepers before they become entrenched while also engaging with those who are entrenched.
Ø Support rough sleepers off the streets and into accommodation that meets their immediate housing needs.
Ø Signposting rough sleepers into services that will support social, economic, health, and personal needs.
Ø Collect data that will inform and plan to meet wider objectives that include ending rough sleeping in Central Bedfordshire by 2027.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Contribute to NOAH Enterprise Welfare team duties by:-
· Assist on a rota basis with the staffing of NOAH Enterprise Bank Holiday, weekend and Christmas Luton Welfare Centre opening;
· Attending weekly Central Bedfordshire caseload review meetings;
· Attending monthly Luton Team briefings;
· Assisting with other duties as required and directed.
· All duties to be carried out in accordance with the policies and procedures of NOAH Enterprise;
· All duties to be carried out in accordance with the Equal Opportunities policy of NOAH Enterprise;
· Attend any meetings, seminars, training sessions as requested both on and off NOAH Enterprise premises;
· Complete the care certificate qualification before graduating from the probationary period
· The post holder may from time to time be asked to undertake other duties as specified by the Chief Executive, Head of Welfare Services or Outreach Team Leader. Permanent changes to the job description will only be made in negotiation with the post holder.
The work of NOAH Enterprise is founded upon a Christian ethos and it is expected that the post holder will respect this ethos.