Do you believe in community leadership and supporting local people to get involved and develop opportunities?
Are you an excellent communicator with community engagement, outreach and organisational skills? Do you have experience of working with residents’ led initiatives? Could you help Noel Park Big Local (NPBL) to deliver positive outcomes for the local community? We are looking for someone who is committed, enthusiastic, patient and friendly to join and support our team. This post will be employed by Community Alliance, also formally known as CVS for Broxbourne and East Herts.
This post will deliver, on behalf of the Partnership, the objectives of the NPBL Plan, creating a programme of events and activities. It will also create opportunities for NPBL to meet the needs identified by the Noel Park community in order to sustain connectivity within the community. The Noel Park Community Development Officer will be leading on resident engagement and raising awareness of Noel Park Big Local, signposting residents to other services where appropriate. The Noel Park Community Development Officer will work closely with the Development Manager and the Noel Park Partnership, staff, volunteers, local residents and other agencies, to deliver the Plan.
- Part-Time, 28 hours per week, Wed-Sat
- Salary: £20,748
- Holidays: Holiday allowance for 28-hour week is 185 hours per annum including public and bank holidays
- Location: The Noel Park Big Local Office base is The Cabin @ Russell Park, Maurice Avenue, N22 6PU
- Closing date: 12.00 noon on Friday, 22nd July 2022
- Employed by Community Alliance, also formally known as CVS for Broxbourne and East Herts
- Initial fixed-term contract until 31st July 2023
Essential Skills and Qualities
- Previous experience of community engagement
- Experience of planning, delivering and supporting projects.
- Ability to use own initiative and to work with others in collaboration.
- Strong team-working skills.
- Ability to work on own and manage a varied workload.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills including an excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent organisational and office skills, paying close attention to detail.
- Experience and confidence with social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc in order to promote and communicate key messages and link with others.
- A good understanding of the voluntary and community sector.
- Flexible attitude to working hours – this job includes regular weekend and evening work as agreed with CDM.
- Awareness of issues preventing local residents from different backgrounds from engaging.
- Knowledge of safeguarding and other compliance issues.
See below for the full job description and person specification.
To apply for this role and to access all supporting information and documents, please visit the jobs page on our website.
Applicants must fill in and submit an application form via CVS for Broxbourne and East Herts' website by 12.00 noon on Friday, 22nd July 2022. We DO NOT take applications made via CVs.