NoFit State Circus are looking for a motivated, ambitious and organised Development Manager with a genuine passion for the arts and the work we do.
You must be excellent at building and nurturing relationships, able to think long term and strategically, and adapt to various needs of the ever-changing world around us.
NoFit State is the UK’s largest contemporary circus company, and every year we engage with 120,000-150,000 people of all ages and backgrounds from across Wales, the UK and the world. We have exciting plans ahead – you and our supporters are integral to making them a success, there’s never been a better time to join us and be part of it.
Purpose of the Role
To support the strategic development of the company through designing and delivering the company’s overall fundraising and development strategy to achieve established financial targets. As a senior manager you will work with the Executive Team to define and then achieve agreed financial targets.
Develop and implement the company’s development strategy including (but not limited to):
- Public Funding (including both ACW and ACE)
- Trusts and Foundations
- Corporate supporters and sponsors
- Private giving (individual donors and major givers)
- Research, identify and draft applications, pitches and asks to appropriate funders/supporters, cultivating relationships and securing support to achieve defined targets
- Manage and nurture the ongoing relationships with current and past supporters/funders
- Plan, manage and deliver a planned programme of development events
- Design and deliver reporting processes that are fit for purposes and satisfy funders’ and supporters’ requirements
- Manage the Development Team
- Support Finance Officer and Company Administrator in financial reporting of designated funds
- Manage development budgets
Working hours: Full time
We can offer a hybrid working pattern combining home working with office based periods of time to ensure a good work/life balance. Our office and the people within it are open, engaging and warm.
See us in action
Our current show, Lexicon, is in Cardiff from 15 December until 15 January and is a good opportunity for you to experience a bit of what we do. If you are thinking of applying for the role of Development Manager and would like a complimentary ticket to the show, please email Lizzy at NoFit State.
NoFit State is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments during the application or recruitment process and we’ll be happy to support you.
For more information, job descrition, application form, how to apply - please see our website.
Closing date for applications: 3pm, Monday 24 January 2022
Interviews: Week commencing 31 January
Indicative start date: March
Starting salary: £30,000 per annum, depending on experience, subject to review
Please take a look at our website for more information, and send your completed application form, CV, equal opportunities form and covering letter by email or post to NoFit State Circus.
We also invite you to take the opportunity to come and see our show, LEXICON, in Cardiff if you can (this is not obligatory but an invitation for you to get a taste of our work - and have a wonderful night out!)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.