The fundraising team has ambitious growth plans. We want to double our voluntary income over the next three years and we are looking for someone who is an expert in project management and administration, to join our team and who can play a huge part in supporting our ambition. This is a great opportunity for someone with strong administrative, planning and communication skills who is looking for a flexible, exciting and fast-paced role.
Main Duties of the Job
The Fundraising Support Officer is a key role in the fundraising team and will be integral to delivery of the key goals and objectives of the Hospice. Responsibilities of the role will include:
- providing professional and seamless support to the Director of Fundraising
- providing support to our Fundraising Committee (a sub-committee of the Board)
- supporting our Events Fundraising Manager with supporter stewardship, communications, logistics and operations
- Supporting with governance activity across the team
- project management work and support for some of our exciting, new projects across the fundraising team
Please see full job description and person specification attached for information about this role and the requirements.
Working with us
Since 1984 North London Hospice has been the leading provider of end-of-life care in North London, providing specialist care to people at home, in the community and on our Inpatient Unit in Finchley. Providing vital income for our charity are our 17 retail stores across North London, that, alongside our active fundraising team, generate much of the funds needed to run our services.
Every person at North London Hospice plays a role in supporting people to live their lives as well as they can for as long as they can. From our nursing, medical and clinical staff, patient and family support and health and wellbeing teams, cleaners & caterers to communications, finance, HR, retail and fundraising support - we all work to ensure exceptional care.
- Collaborative and learning – share learning and work supportively together
- Open and honest - be clear and transparent in the way we work and respond to others
- Respectful and empowering – be kind, enable and value everyone’s contribution
- Equal and Inclusive – treat people fairly, be welcoming and involve them
We offer a range of competitive benefits as follows:
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Inner London supplement
- 27 days annual leave (with increase for length of service)
- Life Assurance Scheme for eligible staff
- Transfer of NHS pension scheme
- On-site restaurant (applicable to those based at Finchley)
- Fully funded health cash plan
- Annual ‘Thank You’ events
- Discounted cinema scheme, etc.
- A wide range of learning opportunities