3 days per week (22.5 hours)
£22,000-24,000 pro rata
Usually Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays
The North Paddington food bank (NPFB) seeks to provide food, essentials, advice and support to people and households experiencing crisis and hardship in North Westminster, as well as parts of Kensington and Chelsea and Brent. We want to develop the most effective, accessible and adaptable approaches possible to provide the help that people need in an environment that is welcoming and supportive.
To help us achieve this, we are looking for an Operations Coordinator to work 3 days a week (including some Saturday work) on an initial 6-month contract to oversee some of the day-to-day running of the food bank, which will largely be focused around the following tasks:
- Volunteer recruitment, training, induction and management
- Overseeing distribution sessions, including food sorting and customer registration and support
- Organising and carrying out food collections in local supermarkets
- Organising food and essentials pick-ups and drop-offs
- Carrying out home deliveries to housebound customers
- Managing communications with donors and contributing to the organisations social media
- Contributing where necessary to fundraising efforts
- Help NPFB develop and expand its service
To do this, the suitable candidate will fit the following person specifications:
- Capability to undertake manual lifting and handling
- Experience in supporting vulnerable people with empathy and without judgement
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience in working with volunteers
- Well organised, with administrative experience and good attention to detail
- IT literate and able to learn new systems quickly
- Able to take instruction and guidelines and apply them whilst working independently and on own initiative
- Ability to understand, contribute to and represent an organisations values and approach
- Able to contribute to the development of a small charity
- Comfortable driving a van in zones 1 & 2 of London
The successful candidate will also have to:
-Have the right to work in the UK
-Undergo an enhanced DBS check
-Provide a clean driving license
-Undertake limited evening work and some Saturday work, which will be done in return for time in lieu or as extra paid hours.
If interested; please apply by sending a CV and an approximately 1-page cover letter explaining how you meet all of the person specifications.
Applications without a full cover letter explaining how the person specifications are met will not be considered.
For more information, you can get in touch via our website.
North Paddington Foodbank is an equal opportunities employer. With regards to needs, we will work to make necessary adaptations based on the requirements of the successful applicant, and will happily answer any questions regarding individual situations at this stage.
Interviews may be arranged before the closing date
Application closing date: Thursday 2nd April
Interview date: Monday 6th April
Job start date: ASAP
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.