NORTH WEST TRAINING COUNCIL
Moving Forward - A bright future for engineering
North West Training Council (NWTC) has been supporting employers by training apprentices to engineering industry standards for over five decades. In 2019 NWTC embarked on an exciting new chapter in its journey and with the help of Liverpool City Region Combined Authority opened a brand-new Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Training Centre. The new premises are designed to give apprentices optimum hands-on experience and training, so furnishing them with the professional skills and competencies employers need to compete nationally and globally.
NWTC has an ambitions vision for the future of engineering apprentice training in partnership with industry to develop training and education programmes to meet industry requirements across the North West and into other regions of the UK. To continue its journey towards excellence in apprentice training, NWTC are looking to appoint a new Chief Executive who will:
* Lead the Council to achieve its vision and fulfil its mission and will play a key role in developing its Apprenticeship's educational and training agenda at a local and regional level.
* Be responsible and accountable to the Board of Trustees for the formulation, development, and implementation of the strategies necessary to secure and successfully position North West Training Council for the future
* Drive innovative business strategies that continue to place its services at the fore, ensuring they are flexible and adaptable and able to respond to demand
* Continue to embed a flexible and supportive culture of innovation within the team and wider stakeholders, to enable the partnerships to thrive
* Ensure the right resources are in place to provide expert services and support, balancing the priorities and enabling NWTC to succeed in its strategic aims
* Spearhead a dynamic, innovative, and joined-up approach to all its work, through strong and supportive leadership
To be successful in this role the person will need to have the ability to provide inspirational, dynamic and forward-thinking leadership consistent with the values and ethos of the Council. Your energy and ambition will enable NWTC to continue building its reputation as an ambitious apprentice training organisation.
How to Apply
Application is by CV and covering letter. Your letter, which should be no more than 2 pages in length, should explain both why you are interested in the post and why you think you would be an excellent candidate for us. Click on the Apply link to submit your application.
Closing date: 7 th June 2020
Preliminary interviews 10 th , 11 th June 2020
NWTC interviews Week beginning 22 nd June 2020
The above dates are subject to change