Just B Children and Young People’s Volunteer Lead
£32,913.59 per annum
37.5 hours per week
Based across both Thirsk and Harrogate
Closing Date: 27th November 2023
Interviews will take place in Harrogate
Just ‘B’ offers emotional wellbeing and bereavement support to children, young people and adults across North Yorkshire, as well as specialist support regionally and nationally. Just ‘B’ is one of a range of services offered by a family of services which also includes Herriot Hospice Homecare and Saint Michael’s Hospice.
An exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to support and grow the role of volunteers and students across all Just B children and young people’s services and areas. Developing ways to expand knowledge and learning, empowering and creating change. The role would suit a Qualified Counsellor, Social Worker or other qualification relevant to the role. Candidates should have registration with a professional body either Social Worker or equivalent other.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Recruitment of students and Volunteers
- Retainment of students and volunteers
- Training and development of continued learning
- Leading the allocations processes for clients, volunteers and students
- Strong safeguarding knowledge and experience of safeguarding pathways
Please see a copy of the full Job Description and Person Specification for this role at the bottom of this page.
Please be aware we reserve the right to close a vacancy early if a suitable candidate is identified.
PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately, we are not currently able to consider applicants who do not have the right to work in the UK, but we are exploring becoming a sponsorship employer and hope to be able to offer this in the future.
Benefits include: -
- 35 days holiday per year (including Bank Holidays, pro-rata)
- Comprehensive Induction Programme
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Pension Scheme with an employer contribution of 8%
- Lifestyle discounts and savings
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to staff support
- Free group life assurance
- Free DBS check
- Free car parking at Crimple House location.
You will be joining an organisation that is driven, caring, and responsive and you will be playing an important role in enabling us to provide our highly valued services to the people of Harrogate, Hambleton, Richmondshire, and District.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.