We are seeking a full time (35 hrs) Rural Officer to:
- Assist rural community groups and Parish Councils in identifying development needs for their local area, offering suitable solutions and initiating sustainable action to address those needs, through community engagement.
- Work with groups on community-led planning projects such as Neighbourhood Plans and Housing Need Surveys.
- Provide advice and support on a range of rural topics including fuel poverty and energy efficiency measures, transport, rural services and affordable housing
- Assist with funding applications.
Applicants must have:
- Experience of community engagement and development work.
- Experience of delivering some form of community planning, ideally Neighbourhood Plans, is highly desirable.
- Must have a good knowledge of rural issues especially those relating to housing, planning and services and their impact on the more disadvantaged in rural communities.
- An understanding of the role of the voluntary sector and experience of partnership working is essential.
- Good presentation and communication skills are required.
Northamptonshire ACRE is an independent charity promoting rural action in the county's villages with the aim of helping them to thrive.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.