This role requires an experienced fundraiser to build and develop relationships with and secure funds from existing and new trust funders to support Norwood’s key strategic priorities: our work with children and families in crisis, and developing a whole life offer for individuals with learning challenges. The role will engage with senior leadership and stakeholders across the organisation and contribute to the income growth of a small but high achieving and collaborative team.
Some of the main responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an excellent knowledge of Norwood services and build relationships with service/development/business managers in order to research, design, write and submit trust funding applications to grant making bodies and Local Authorities where appropriate. Be aware of organisational developments and creatively develop proposals to inspire grant makers.
- Account manage and build relationships with relevant funders ensuring all donors are canvassed in a relevant way and provide monitoring, evaluating and reporting as necessary. Keep up to date with project development and communicate progress to funding bodies.
- To contribute to the attainment of the annual Trust team income budget and provide monitoring, evaluating and reporting as necessary.
- Where appropriate develop face-to-face relationships with Trust prospects, asking them for high level financial support (or facilitating others e.g. lay leaders and Directors to make an ask), providing them with the highest possible level of donor care. Where relevant, make arrangements for prospects and donors to visit the work of Norwood.
- Two years minimum experience of researching, writing and securing income through completion of detailed project proposals
- Experience of developing relationships with funders, Trustees and prospects
- Experience of working with a wide range of individuals at a senior level
Able to commute to Stanmore
The opportunity to work for a leading UK charity
Competitive salary & benefits package
Generous annual leave entitlement
1pm finish on a Friday
A challenging and varied role
A supportive team
Additional leave during Jewish festivals
Please note: We reserve the right to close the advert, once we receive sufficient applications, so recommend an early application.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure.
Norwood is a disability confident employer. This means we are committed to employing people with disabilities.
Patron: Her Majesty The Queen.
Registered Charity No: 1059050.
Please attach a cover letter