Trusts Fundraiser/Senior Trusts Fundraiser
This role can be offered on a part-time or full-time basis and more senior applicants will be considered for a Senior Fundraising position within the team.
The Talent Set is excited to be partnering with Norwood to find a new Trusts Fundraiser/Senior Trusts Fundraiser.
Each year Norwood supports over 2,500 people from children and families facing challenges in their lives due to additional educational needs, mental health or severe wellbeing issues to anyone of any age with learning disabilities or autism. Norwood makes an invaluable difference to people's lives with a multi-disciplinary team of practitioners and a family of services designed specifically to support vulnerable children and their families, and adults with learning disabilities.
It’s a great time to join Norwood’s Trusts team and work to make a difference every day.
This role requires an experienced fundraiser to build and develop relationships with and secure funds from existing and new trust funders to support Norwood’s key strategic priorities: our work with children and families in crisis, and creating a whole life disability offer for individuals with learning challenges. The role will engage with senior leadership and stakeholders across the organisation and contribute to the income growth of a small but high achieving and collaborative team.
- Develop and maintain an excellent knowledge of Norwood services and build relationships with service/development/business managers in order to research, design, write and submit trust funding applications to grant making bodies and Local Authorities where appropriate. Be aware of organisational developments and creatively develop proposals to inspire grant makers.
- Account manage and build relationships with relevant funders ensuring all donors are canvassed in a relevant way and provide monitoring, evaluating, and reporting as necessary. Keep up to date with project development and communicate progress to funding bodies.
- To contribute to the attainment of the annual Trust team income budget and provide monitoring, evaluating, and reporting as necessary.
- Where appropriate develop face-to-face relationships with Trust prospects, asking them for high level financial support (or facilitating others e.g. lay leaders and Directors to make an ask), providing them with the highest possible level of donor care. Where relevant, make arrangements for prospects and donors to visit the work of Norwood.
- Keep up to date with new Trust funding developments, and where appropriate statutory funding developments, monitor donor profiles and maintain recording systems. Develop and maintain an excellent knowledge of Norwood services, the organisation, its strategic direction, and projects.
We are looking for an individual with superb written and oral communication skills with a real talent for connecting and influencing people at all levels.
To do this, the right candidate will have:
- The ability to work under pressure and manage a varied workload
- Proven analytical skills
- Able and willing to be flexible in approach to work and responsive to changing demands of the service and clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Have drive and passion to get things done to high standard
- Excellent time management skills with ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel
- Effective team player, ability to work on own initiative/independently and set own agenda in support of designated services
If you’d like to find out more or be considered for this position, please apply with your CV as soon as possible. Regrettably please note we may not be able to reply to every application.
Along with Norwood, we are committed to diverse and inclusive recruitment practises that ensure equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will happily make reasonable adjustments to always ensure a fair process.
Please note any third party CVs submitted to Norwood will be redirected to The Talent Set for review