Community Engagement Officer
An exciting opportunity for a Community Engagement Officer to promote mental health awareness and our client’s services to older Deaf people.
Our client is a charity dedicated to making sure Deaf people get the same sort of access as hearing people to healthcare and health information.
Position: Community Engagement Officer
Location: Head Office is Balham, London – but they can be flexible on location
Salary: £23,546 per annum
Hours: Fixed Term Contract for 1 year with a view to review for a further period.
Employee Benefits: Our client values their employees and offers an attractive benefits package including:
- Need flexible working? They are happy to consider flexible working patterns
- From day one, entitlement to 25 days holiday a year (pro-rata)
- Pension and company sick pay scheme
- Training and Development including professional qualifications
Closing Date: 9am Monday 15th June
Interviews: Friday 19th June.
About the role:
As Community Engagement Officer you will be responsible for community engagement work across England to promote mental health awareness and services to older Deaf people, whose language will be predominantly in BSL (British Sign Language). A key outcome will be to see an increase in referrals by older Deaf people into the Psychological Therapies Service.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Research on the issues affecting older Deaf people’s mental health and need for support
- Plan, design and deliver a community engagement programme of activities
- Build and develop networking relationships with key stakeholders
- Manage budget and expenditure for the community engagement programme
- Establish a monitoring and evaluation system in order to measure success against objectives
This is an amazing opportunity for a motivated individual with lived experience as a deaf person or within a Deaf environment.
Key skills and experience include:
- BSL as first language or minimum CACDP level 3
- Experience of working with Deaf people of different ages
- Experience of managing a project and organising events
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
You may also have experience in areas such as: Community Engagement, Project Management, BSL, British Sign Language, Community Engagement Coordinator, SEN Sensory, Deaf & Blind, BSL Support, Community Development Officer, Services Manager, Community Engagement Coordinator etc.