Do you want to use your excellent working knowledge of Government grants to help mothers and children living in poverty? Do you feel called to use your project management and finance skills for a purpose and can create excellent working relationships? If yes, we would love to hear from you!
Position: Grant Officer
Location: Office-based in Fleet with some work from home days’ negotiable
Salary: £28,100 pa
Hours: 35 hours per week over flexible working pattern
Duration: Full-Time fixed term contract for 3 years
Benefits: Enhanced pension scheme, 25 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays, non-contributory pension scheme (10% employer contribution), enhanced holiday allowance, Income Protection & Group Life cover.
Closing Date: 10am, 8th June 2020
Interview Date: w/c 15th June 2020
About the Role
The charity is looking for Grant Officer to help with the mission to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name. By delivering on the reporting and compliance of its DfID grant, you will play a pivotal part in the expansion of the work into statutory funding. This is an integral part of the organisations future growth plans.
As Grant Officer, you will utilise your experience of forming significant working relationships with programme implementers overseas, understanding the context, complexities and impact of the work and presenting this to the UK government. Exploring new ways of working globally and utilising these new ways to impact the lives of thousands of mothers and babies living in poverty.
- Actively maintain and promote the charity’s Christian ethos and values.
- Deliver the DfID grant work.
- Ensure opportunities to collaborate are maximised.
To flourish in this role, you’ll need:
- An excellent working knowledge of Government grants.
- Excellent qualifications or skills in monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent skills in project management.
- Excellent skills in finance.
- An ability to create excellent working relationships.
- An understanding of the work of the third sector and public sector.
- An ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively, verbally and in writing.
- Be knowledgeable of current international development thinking.
- Educated to a degree level. A degree in a relevant study or be able to show relevant work-based experience.
- Core office/administrative skills. You must be fluent in English and competent in written and numerical work, with experience of basic office systems such as Microsoft Office.
We need you to be:
- Personally committed to the Christian faith. There’s an occupational requirement for the holder of this role to be a practising Christian, in order to promote the organisations ethos and help others to experience, explore and express the faith-based motivation of our work.
- Deeply connected to the organisations ministry to children and aligned to the charity’s cultural attributes.
- A ‘people person’ and strategic thinker.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team with good listening and communication skills.
- Able to meet the requirements of the position with or without reasonable adjustment.
This is an office-based with some work from home days’ negotiable, full-time fixed term position for 3 years, 35 hours per week over flexible working pattern. The successful candidate must be available to travel to Westminster for regular meetings.
Please submit your application as soon as possible as our client reserves the right to change the closing date of their vacancies. Late applications may be considered.
Please note that our client can only consider applicants who presently have the right to work in the UK and all candidates must be personally committed to the Christian faith and be able to respect, uphold and work within our client’s Christian mission, values, culture and faith statements. This individual will represent and speak on behalf of a Christian charity and as such the Occupational Requirement for an active Christian faith is justified under the Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1, clause 3.
Other roles you may have experience of could include Grant Officer, Grants Officer, Grant, Grants, Reporting, Compliance, Compliance Officer, Government Grants, Project Manager, Project Management.