Senior Finance Assistant
Are you an experienced Finance Assistant looking for a new challenge, working for an organisation that makes a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people?
Position: Senior Finance Assistant
Salary: £25k per annum
Duration: Full time, permanent
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays pro rata, benefits scheme offering discounts and cashback at high street shops and major supermarkets, gyms etc., Free confidential access to 24hr assistance program for counselling, advice and support
Interviews: Due to Covid-19 Interviews will be held remotely online
About the role:
Our client offers care and support services to people with learning disabilities, autism, acquired brain injuries, mental health support needs and other complex care needs, helping them to live life to the full. They are seeking a highly motivated Senior Finance Officer to work within their Purchase Ledger function ensuring accurate and complete posting of all purchase ledger transactions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring strong internal controls in respect of matching purchase orders and supplier invoices.
- Ensuring monthly and periodic balance sheet reconciliations are undertaken and reviewed.
- Ensuring a structured approach to supplier reconciliations.
- Working closely with the Financial Accountants to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the nominal ledger.
- Reviewing and challenging current processes and procedures and looking for continuous improvement.
- Matching, batching and coding of invoices
- Assisting in bank reconciliations as and when required.
- Liaising with suppliers & internal/external stakeholders
The successful Senior Finance Assistant will possess a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, other skills and experience required for this role include:
- Significant proven experience in a similar finance / purchase ledger role
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- The ability to cope well under pressure.
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team and excited about a career in accounts.
- The ability to work off your own initiative and willingness to learn.
- Fantastic IT Skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication skills and confident liaising with other areas of the business.
If you feel you possess the right skills for this role, then apply today and join our client’s friendly team!
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Purchase Ledger, Senior Purchase Ledger, Purchase Ledger Clerk, Sales & Purchase Ledger Officer, Accounts Payable & Receivables Officer, Finance Officer, Payroll and Purchase Ledger Officer, Accounts Payable Officer, Purchase Ledger Manager etc.