Finance and HR Assistant
To provide financial, HR and admin assistance across the organisation. The post holder will need to demonstrate strong financial skills and a real interest in supporting Nova’s core work.
Operate Nova’s systems and procedures for making payments, for collection and receipt of all income and for doing banking; maintain accurate and timely financial records for the organisation, liaising where necessary, with heads of department to ensure its accuracy; Provide financial reports as required throughout the financial year. Be responsible for the daily administrative and HR duties and support the Board of Trustees.
Bookkeeping & Reports
· At all times ensure timely, accurate journal entries in Xero
· Produce a weekly bespoke Cashflow for the CEO’s attention
· Each quarter finalize the quarterly Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet in Xero - to be reviewed by Nova’s accountants
· Each quarter, populate Nova’s bespoke Quarterly Management Accounts with the P&L figures from Xero – for the attention of the Operations Manager and Treasurer
· At end of the financial year, help to finalize the 12 months accounts in Xero with the assistance of Nova’s accountants, preparatory to Independent Examination and provide information as requested by the examiners
· Create invoices and allocate income to agreed cost centres
· Record grant income and its allocation in Xero
· Organise documentation of grant applications & approvals and liaise with the appropriate team members & Treasurer to ensure the documentation is as Nova requires it prior to Independent Examination & the application of SORPS
· Manage Gift Aid ensuring maximum claimed through completed forms
· Chase outstanding income and grant payments
Processing Payments & Salaries:
· Set up payments to suppliers by bank transfer
· Upload pensions contribution spreadsheet to the Pensions Trust website monthly and deal with any queries
· Submit payroll monthly payroll information to external payroll bureau
· Complete journal entries for salaries
· Liaise with the bank and update the bank mandate as advised by the CEO/ Treasurer
· Pay cash/cheques into the bank
· Oversee and monitor card payment systems including corporate debit card programme
· Monthly bank reconciliations
Other Accountancy Duties:
· Monitor cashflow and alert the CEO of any issues
· File all accounts information and arrange for secure storage of archived accounts and supporting documents
· Monitor and renew appropriate licenses, NLA, ICO, ERA, CLA, OCR, Ascentis, Living Wage
· Issue new contracts to new starters and current employees based on line manager’s instructions
· Welcome new starters, providing a starter pack, obtain signatures and provide induction
· Update and maintain staff handbook
· Be first point of contact re grievance procedure & ensure personnel records are kept up to date
· Keep up to date with HR regulations & liaise with HR Advisor for professional advice re issues
· Manage staff leave spreadsheet
· Record staff sickness
· Keep a record of dates for birthdays, employment reviews & send reminders to line managers
· Ensure employee files are complete and up to date
Board of Trustees
· Organise meetings for trustees and partners, co-ordinate and send out papers, take minutes, provide refreshments
· Encourage and maintain links between staff and volunteers, keeping a good flow of information and communication
· Maintain a general working knowledge of the activities of the organisation
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending training sessions as agreed with the line manager
· Undertake any other duties as may from time to time be required
· Provide training for other members of staff/ volunteers when necessary
· Be open and responsive, working in a collaborative way with other staff members to create and implement the systems, policies and procedures outlined above and develop the organisation
· Work within Nova’s Equality and Diversity Policy through personal example, open commitment and clear action, ensuring fair treatment in employment, service delivery and external communications
· Adhere to Nova’s policies and procedures on confidentiality and the management and sharing of information and to work at all times within the established policies and practices of Nova.
· Ensure the maintenance of a safe working environment
1. Person Specification
Experience & Knowledge
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA part qualified (or equivalent, e.g., AAT qualified).
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to produce quality accounts and accurate financial work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
- A strong accounting background and hands on experience using accounting software. Experience using Xero is preferrable.
- Good analytical skills
- A strong desire to learn, a willingness to share knowledge and a strong team ethic.
- Enthusiastic, diligent, and energetic with a flexible approach in a rapidly changing environment.
- A proven track record of providing exceptional service and establishing and maintaining strong relationships.
- High level of attention to detail; ability to produce reliable, accurate work.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.