Online English Home School Support Teacher
Are you passionate about education and ensuring everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their potential? If you’re knowledgeable in the field of English language and able to facilitate engaging, online sessions for children, we’d love to hear from you!
Based in North Kensington since 1983 and serving its poorest wards & those of surrounding London boroughs, Nova works with individuals from marginalised and disadvantaged communities who are looking to develop their potential and achieve a better future for themselves. Nova brings about real and lasting change in people’s lives by addressing every person as an individual and seeking out ways to best support that person to reach their goals. We endeavour to help every person that comes to us who is motivated and committed to improving his or her life.
Reaching 2,500+ people each year, we believe in improving people’s lives one person at a time, helping committed and motivated individuals to achieve their potential by:
• Developing knowledge, education and confidence
• Connecting diverse groups
• Providing opportunities
Our work, operates on 2 levels:
• Grassroots Community Support – including responsive actions (e.g. Grenfell, COVID-19), education, IAG, family programme and volunteering
• Wider Reaching Dialogue Events and Influencing – focussing on challenging stigma,
prejudice and inequality – working with individuals, organisations, networks and decision
makers to move through conversation to action
Purpose of role
We began offering a free programme of home school support when Covid-19 struck and many families were thrown into the unknown world of home schooling – made even more challenging when your own education isn’t up to scratch or English is your second language. Since then, we have expanded our offer of online afterschool classes to those who remain the most negatively impacted by being out of school or may be falling being due to other household circumstances.
Duties will vary dependent on your skills/ availability but may include:
- Planning sessions in line with relevant Key stage curriculum. We are recruiting for a KS2 teacher, however being able to teach KS3 classes would also be desirable in case of cover.
- Delivering engaging group sessions online on a weekly basis
- Completing baseline and endline assessments and tracking learners’ progress
- Recording attendance on the database
- Undertaking relevant training
You need to be:
• A qualified teacher (QTS)
• Knowledgeable in your subject field
• Passionate about social change and making a difference
• Competent and confident with delivering online learning
• It would also be desirable if you were already DBS checked
Start month: September 2023
Please submit your CV and cover letter outlining why you would like to work with us and how your knowledge and experience meets the person specification. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a panel interview. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.