Nova is a small diverse charity in North Kensington with a big reach. We do things with heart and soul in our mission to build social cohesion:
- Grassroots support in education, advice & guidance and family support
- Social Change events connecting people across divides.
Purpose of Role
To deliver Nova’s Social Change Programme events and lead on providing strong impact measurement, analysis, and evaluation to develop the programme and increase sustainability.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for someone with high levels of creativity, empathy and resilience, and with a strong desire to effect real social change through bringing together diverse individuals and groups. You’ll possess excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, and will be comfortable engaging and working with people from all parts of the local community and beyond.
You’ll be responsible for delivering a demanding schedule of events, so you’ll have excellent organisational skills, a high attention to detail and be willing to take effective ownership of your remit from the start. With a proven history of successfully delivering high-quality events, you’ll have significant hands-on experience of the entire events management process, in-person and virtual, from conceptualisation and marketing through to post-event impact and learning.
Experience of working in a social change / DEI context would be a bonus.
Summary of Core Duties:
A hands-on role implementing a year-round programme of events and initiatives through the lens of Nova’s ethos to build the skills and confidence of Social Change participants, engaging a diverse range of local people to break down barriers and build relationships through stimulating creative, educational activities. The role includes volunteer engagement and management to support the programme to reach as many people as possible. A key aspect of the role is to work with the Services Manager to create and carry out a robust impact measurement and analysis.
- Support Nova's Head of Engagement, Events & Partnerships in developing a calendar of Social Change events to challenge prejudices, break down barriers and promote equity
- Engagement and Management of Social Change Programme volunteers
- Engage participants and promote events locally, nationally, and internationally as appropriate
- Liaise with Nova colleagues to ensure that participants across Nova’s programmes can benefit from Social Change opportunities
- Facilitate events
- Carry out all events logistics
- Manage events budget
- Ensure that relevant pages on the website are kept up to date and are refreshed with rich content when necessary
Responsibilities: Impact Measurement & Evaluation
- Support the programme lead and Nova's Head of Services with implementation of impact measurement systems across the Social Change Programme
- Generate impact and evaluation statistics and contribute to the writing of reports, including using Nova's Salesforce database
- Directly engage partners, communities, and participants to gather compelling case studies demonstrating the impact of our work
- Implement robust quantitative and qualitative data collection and evidence gathering across Social Change projects
- Assemble research and evaluation findings, drawing out conclusions and presenting these in an appropriate, succinct, and compelling way
- Provide information as required by the programme lead for Nova’s quarterly Social Change report for trustees, annual report for the Charity Commission and presentations for funders and stakeholders
- Recruitment and advertising
- Lead on volunteer rewards and appreciation
- Be responsible for volunteer monitoring, reporting, evaluation
- Organise and host volunteer events and meetings
- Work with partners to develop employee volunteering and act as main point of contact
Responsibilities: Comms & Marketing
- Work with the programme lead on an integrated communications strategy, incorporating PR, marketing, and social media
- Support the programme lead in implementing a communications plan to increase brand awareness and recognition for Nova
- Develop relationships to secure media coverage of Nova and the social issues we address
- Work with the programme lead and other relevant team members to update Nova’s website consistently and in line with brand
- Work with colleagues including Nova’s graphic designer to create marketing materials for Social Change
- Support the programme lead in ensuring that an accurate and up-to-date database of members, donors and partners is created and maintained
Interviews will be held after the application close date.
We hold a 2-step interview process. Those who succeed at stage one (interview) will be asked to complete a task at stage 2.
Applications will only be considered with a tailored cover letter - ideally 1 side of A4.
We will require contact details for two referees.
We will need to undertake / receive proof of current DBS clearance.
We regret that Nova can only consider applications from applicants with the right to work in the UK.