Philanthropy Manager (Yorkshire or East Midlands)
£24,000 to £33,301 per annum, plus £500 home working allowance
1 Full time, 35 hours per week
Home based in either Yorkshire (with easy access to Leeds/Bradford) or East Midlands (with easy access to Nottingham), requiring the ability to travel throughout the region.
The NSPCC is keen to build its major donor fundraising in the above regions and so a rare opportunity has arisen to join a successful team of high value donor fundraisers, responsible for raising the millions of pounds needed to continue the NSPCC’s fight for every childhood.
The Philanthropy team is part of the NSPCC’s Major Donors department. We focus upon high level, individual donors and are responsible for securing major gifts ranging from four to seven figures. Our success is founded upon building high quality and enduring relationships between the NSPCC and those with the capacity to make transformational gifts.
The Philanthropy team has an annual income target of c£3.3m within the Major Donors department’s target of c£9m; and we aim to significantly increase this over the coming years.
An ideal position for an energetic deal-maker, you will be responsible for stewarding some of the NSPCC’s most significant existing supporters but a key focus will be on generating new prospects, building lasting relationships and making asks for substantial financial gifts. This post involves close collaboration with a broad range of internal NSPCC colleagues and external stakeholders.
• have great people skills and the personal stature to be able to operate effectively within our audience stream.
• be an excellent relationships manager, highly proactive, self-motivated and organised.
• have the personal resilience necessary to work in a new business environment.
• be comfortable with targets and able to deal with competing priorities.
• enjoy working collaboratively with other colleagues, teams and departments.
• have first class written skills, able to tell our story in a compelling way
• have the ability and willingness to travel independently throughout the region.
Above all, you will relish the task of getting out, identifying new prospects and making the ask.
Experience of working with high value donors (particularly individuals) or clients, and proven success in generating new business and achieving financial targets are highly desirable.
This type of role rarely becomes available outside London, so this is a great opportunity for the right candidate, for whom we will consider flexible working arrangements.