The NSPCC is the leading children's charity in the UK, dedicated to protecting children today and preventing abuse tomorrow. In order to do this, we must communicate in the most efficient and effective ways possible with our supporters, stakeholders, and the children and families we help.
We’re now looking for a talented and experienced Senior Copywriter to join our in-house Creative Team, and join our fight for every childhood.
The Creative team
The award-winning Creative Team sits within Brand and Content, and includes designers, copywriters, filmmakers and account managers. It is responsible for creative on a wide range of content across all our adult and child facing comms.
The Senior Copywriter will be a highly talented communicator with substantial expertise in creative copywriting, branding and communications, preferably for the charity sector.
As the most senior copywriter, you will develop and lead strategy relating to copywriting, core messaging and tone of voice for the organisation. You’ll share your knowledge and expertise through workshops and consultation - and you’ll work directly with Head of Creative and other senior manages within the Creative Team and wider Brand and Content to ensure we’re talking to our supporters and the people we help in the most effective way possible. You'll also manage 2 other team members; Copywriter and Junior Copywriter.
Please see the job description for full specification, but here are the key things we are looking for:
- 3-5 years’ copywriting experience in an agency or in-house team.
- Expertise in all copywriting disciplines, across a broad range of briefs including (but not limited to): strategically-led creative work, stand-alone briefs, digital campaigns (eg. messaging and copy for paid and unpaid social, web content), and brand tone-of-voice.
- Experienced in guiding junior team members and partnering with other creative disciplines.
- Confident presenting creative concepts and solutions to a range of audiences, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and within a team as required.
- Expert with Microsoft Office, working knowledge of Adobe design packages.