Every childhood is worth fighting for. This is our belief. We all share it. And it drives our Fundraising team to get out there and bring in the funds we need to protect children and prevent abuse. Join us as Senior Fundraiser - Supporter Engagement, and get more people involved in change that means everything.
We’re looking for an experienced, innovative and enthusiastic Senior Fundraiser (FTC 12 months) to join our Individual Giving Team and manage the donor journeys and loyalty programme.
We’re a new, ambitious team who are tasked with providing donors with an excellent experience. Our focus is on enhancing supporter satisfaction and engagement metrics while maximising income generation to grow lifetime value for the NSPCC and get the best outcomes for children. Join us at an exciting time to project manage the production of new journeys and promote supporter experience best practice within Individual Giving.
Reporting to the Fundraising Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Creating communications that contribute positively towards donor satisfaction and the growth of lifetime value.
- Managing the creative development of a suite of supporter engagement communications via email, direct mail and telephone (majority email) to enhance supporter satisfaction scores.
- Managing journey and loyalty campaigns from creative conception through to monitoring performance, maintaining excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Email builds using Adestra email marketing automation software.
- Representing the team and presenting at operational meetings for large campaigns such as Christmas.
- Budgeting, forecasting and cost management for journeys and loyalty communications.
Ideally, you will have:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills:
- Writing and reviewing public facing copy from a fundraising and loyalty perspective
- Creative brief writing (inspiring, outcomes focused, clear)
- Drafting reports, presentations and evaluations
- Written and verbal communication with large numbers of stakeholders including external agencies
- Experience of presenting at operational meetings
Direct marketing and fundraising comms production:
- Demonstrable knowledge of the principals of donor/customer loyalty
- Experience of project managing direct marketing campaigns
- Complex data selection and briefing in journey builds to data teams, informed by analysis
- Maintaining data accuracy through spot checking
- Managing journey costs to budget
- Sourcing and compiling appropriate content from across the charity for use in supporter communications
- Demonstrable knowledge of fundraising regulation and data law (GDPR, PECR)
- Understanding of fundraising measurements including satisfaction scores, engagement scores, segmentation, ROI and LTV
- Building emails using software such as Adestra, Campaigner etc.
- Print production for direct mail
This is a complex environment so you should be highly organised, be a strong team player and able to stay results focused. You will be a natural relationship builder with exceptional communication skills and have a passion for making a difference to children.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, allowances and benefits, 29 days holiday plus bank holidays and the opportunity to work flexibly for a great cause. This role can be home based with regular travel to our Head Office in London.
The NSPCC recognise the value of diversity. We welcome applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds, including disabled candidates.
Join us and you’ll become part of a team that cares about the work they do and the people they work with. You’ll discover opportunities to grow, along with challenges and a shared purpose that’ll bring the best out in you. And you’ll get to find your own way to make a difference that means more, and that impacts millions of young lives.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff, volunteers, agency workers and consultants to share this commitment.