The Major Giving Department at the NSPCC has an exciting opportunity to lead the highly successful Trusts Team on a fixed-term maternity cover contract (up until 31 July 2021). The five members of the team are responsible for maximising the long-term support of both new and existing trust and foundation funders capable of giving five, six and seven-figure gifts, with an annual income target of more than £3 million.
As a Senior Philanthropy Manager, you will develop and lead the fundraising strategy of the team to deliver excellent results. In order to succeed, you will effectively collaborate with a broad range colleagues and external stakeholders to ensure funders and prospects are fully informed and engaged in the work of the NSPCC.
Despite the ongoing challenges of the coronavirus pandemic and lockdown, the team is performing extremely well and in an enviably strong position for the year ahead. With the ongoing support of the wider Major Giving Leadership Team, this is an ideal opportunity for an experienced fundraiser to make a significant contribution to the fight for every childhood.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills (with both colleagues and funders)
- Experience of working with major UK trusts and foundations, successfully bidding for their support and then stewarding donors
- Expertise in managing a team, including developing their skills and inspiring them to succeed
- Proven success in delivering financial objectives by devising and implementing successful fundraising strategies
- The ability to produce compelling written material of the highest quality