Administration & Membership Officer, Health Services Research UK
Remuneration: c£27,000 per annum, pro rata
Location: Central London, home/hybrid working
Contract type: Fixed Term (12 months), Part Time (80%)
Closing date: 31 October 2021
Interview date: 8 November 2021
Are you an experienced administrator with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills? Are you able to express ideas effectively and convey information appropriately and accurately? Do you want to work with leading researchers and organisations who aim to make a difference to the development of health services research in the UK and internationally?
With more than 40 organisational members, and a flagship annual conference, we are the collective voice of health services research in the UK. Our aims are to:
- Convene and connect producers and users of health services research in the UK, building links across Europe and globally
- Support evidence-based policy and practice in the NHS and social care, helping to mobilise health services research, build capacity and make an impact
- Influence policy leaders and funders to improve the profile and landscape of health services research, enabling it to thrive
Working as part of a small but busy team, you will support the smooth running of the organisation, including administrative support for the HSR UK Board. You will support the Executive Officer to deliver HSR UK’s various activities, including our membership programme, events, reports, consultations etc.
We’d really like to meet you if you have:
- Good experience of administrative or coordination tasks within a small team, such as minute taking, scheduling meetings, and maintaining contact databases, with the ability to accomplish tasks with thoroughness, accuracy, and reliability
- Great writing skills, with the ability to write succinct meeting notes; polite and friendly responses to enquiries and attention-grabbing social media posts
- Experience of coordinating a social media account on behalf of an organisation (i.e. writing Tweets, producing or commissioning graphics, scheduling content etc.)
- Experience in event organisation, preferably both online and offline events
You will be employed by HSR UK, but based in the offices of the Nuffield Trust, one of the UK’s most influential health policy think-tanks. You will play a full part as a member of staff and can access the opportunities for development at the Nuffield Trust. To learn more about the work of HSR UK, visit our website.
Informal enquiries should be directed to Helen Mthiyane, Executive Officer, HSR UK, as detailed on our Jobs page.
To apply, please go to The Nuffield Trust website, review the information, and complete the online application process. Your cover letter should outline why you feel you are a suitable candidate for this post, including specific examples of relevant skills and experience which you might bring to the position. Submit your application by 23:59 on Sunday 31 October at the latest. Applications may close early depending on the volume of applications, so do apply early!
Please note: diversity monitoring questions are optional and will not be shared with the selection panel. The selection panel will only have access to your CV and your cover letter.
Offers of employment will be conditional upon the receipt of two satisfactory references and proof of the right to work in the UK.
HSR UK is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
Strictly no agencies.