Founded in 2020, Nurse Lifeline recently launched the UK’s first national, free, confidential and peer-led listening service for all nurses, midwives, students, healthcare support workers and the friends and family of such staff.
Statistics regarding the mental and emotional health of nursing and midwifery professionals have been widely circulated, highlighting issues that have only been exacerbated by recent global events. United by an acute awareness of the pressures facing this workforce and driven to create change, Nurse Lifeline was developed collaboratively by a small group of frontline staff striving to create a platform through which colleagues may be supported and encouraged. We know that our strength lies not only in the words we stand by, but most importantly through the actions of our initiatives.
With this in mind, we are seeking an individual to support the next phase of our 12 month pilot, focusing upon growth and sustainability. Set to be a game-changer for emotional support and wellbeing within the sector, Nurse Lifeline presents an exciting opportunity for an experienced, driven Communications Officer to join a small but up-and-coming startup organisation on a self-employed consultancy basis to develop and implement this innovative project, ‘by nurses and midwives, for nurses and midwives’.
- Experience in a communications and marketing role with evidence of developing strategy, creating high-quality tailored digital content across multiple platforms and engaging with beneficiaries to promote organisational growth
- Qualification in either marketing, public relations, media or digital communications
- Experience in managing large projects and in meeting deadlines
- Proactive approach to developing relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and manage own schedule to achieve project targets
- Strong written and communication skills and able to demonstrate attention to detail
- (Desirable) knowledge and experience of the working within charity, health or helpline sectors
- (Desirable) evidence of developing and implementing successful fundraising campaigns
Key responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Work alongside the Operations Manager and the Board of Trustees to increase capacity and sustainable organisational growth
- Primary aim to increase both call and donation volume through developing and actioning robust communications, marketing, public relations and public and corporate fundraising strategies
- Primary point of contact for all external communications
- Responsible for identifying and liaising with key stakeholders in line with charity strategy, effectively developing partnerships with other organisations, general donor engagement, developing relationships with corporate donors and ambassadors and identifying ways to communicate with and market the service to beneficiaries
- Develop brand guidelines to ensure consistency and compliance with organisational values, key messages, and tone across all communications platforms
- Create marketing materials (will be required to develop and distribute fundraising and information packs) to support development of the Nurse Lifeline brand
- Oversee the website, SEO and data analytics to increase online presence and reach with some support from external agencies, identifying meaningful trends and translating such into actionable recommendations to boost growth
- Develop digitalised marketing documents for external use such as monthly newsletters, fundraising content, info leaflets and digital posters through platforms such as Canva
- Responsible for creating high-quality, tailored digital media content for social platforms, using scheduling tools and engaging with users to promote the service
- Responsible for keeping abreast of current affairs within the health and charity sectors to ensure that the organisation is relevant and responsive to needs, developing press releases and targeting as appropriate
- Support and plan fundraising and awareness events, both online and face to face
- Act as the primary contact for prospective fundraisers, supporting such individuals by providing standardised information and content to ensure that key messages are maintained and are in line with the Fundraising Code of Practice
Please apply via the Charity Job portal by uploading your CV and cover letter. We plan to carry out a two stage interview process, with initial interviews scheduled for w/c 13th Sept 21.
We regret that although this position is home-based we can only accept applications from individuals who are currently based within the UK.
For further information about this role, please direct any enquiries to the email address listed in the attached PDF JD.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.