We are looking for individuals who will assess & develop clients’ employment potential, assisting them into meaningful employment alongside working with employers to facilitate this process through appropriate means. This is a new 3 year project funded by the National Lotto Community Fund and the role will start on Monday 4th May 2021.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Working in conjunction with the Client Services team help identify clients who are ready to access employment.
- Where necessary complete Recovery Star reviews with individual clients.
- Prepare clients for employment by supporting the development of a CV, compiling Job Applications, undertaking interview practice, arranging, and assisting at interviews as and when required. Plus, all other elements as may be undertaken by a “Job Club”.
- Identify potential employment opportunities by working with local employers, other VCFS agencies, Jobcentre Plus and commercial employment agencies.
- Support clients with Welfare Benefit queries that may arise during the transition to employment.
- Complete regular reports for both internal departments and external organisations.
- Liaise internally with all Oakleaf departments & externally with other support agencies, Key Workers etc. where appropriate.
- Maintain databases, detailing all communication/actions relating to clients, practitioners & advisors with accuracy & in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the compiling of related departmental KPI’s through the collection of relevant data.
- Compile success stories and case studies.
- Contribute to the posting of relevant material on the organisation’s website and social media platforms.
Promotion & Marketing
- Promote Oakleaf’s services to other organisations & providers, developing & maintaining relationships to aid referrals & promotion.
- Attend events, meetings, conferences & networking opportunities as required to ensure Oakleaf’s continued presence in the local community.
- Ensure maintenance of a safe and efficient working environment in accordance with current Health & Safety legislation including the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, COSHH Regulations, Environmental Health & EC Directives.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as may be requested by the Chief Executive.
This job description is an indicator of general areas of responsibility & will be amended in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation in consultation with the post holder.