Job Title: Chief Executive
Salary: £55k - £65k depending on experience
Hours of work: Flexibility on part or full-time working for the right candidate
Location: Gosport, Hampshire
We are working in partnership with Oarsome Chance, a charity passionate about supporting young people who are disengaged from mainstream education and are at risk of exclusion and suffering disadvantage. Since October 2015, the charity has developed a wealth of experience and have a successful track record of supporting young people that has seen their reputation grow amongst the local community and funders.
The Board is seeking to appoint a Chief Executive who will provide leadership through an exciting period of organisational change and bring ‘fresh eyes’ to the vision of the charity. The principal focus of the new Chief Executive will be to lead and manage the charity into this exciting next chapter; working with the board of trustees, staff team, beneficiaries and funders to realise the full potential of Oarsome Chance.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Drive and energy to seek out innovative new opportunities for growth
- A proven track record of senior leadership within a charity
- Experience of strategy development and delivery
- An appropriate professional qualification in a field relevant for working with vulnerable children and young people or relevant experience
- An ability to work well both with the highly-motivated staff and with the trustees, overseeing and managing organisational change
- Excellent written and verbal communications at all levels and forms, both internally and externally
- Strong business analytical skills and commercial acumen; ideally with social enterprise experience
- Knowledge of financial controls, operating budgets, management accounts and human resources
As an experienced leader you will be highly motivated, innovative and creative. You will be able to inspire and persuade others. The ideal candidate will be resilient, forward thinking and have a visionary approach. It is important that you are passionate about the cause, the ethos and mission of the organisation.
To apply for this role, please e-mail your CV, supporting statement and Equal Opportunities and Diversity Monitoring Form to Adam Stacey, Director at Charisma Charity Recruitment, quoting our reference JO2825.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.
Closing date for applications: 19 April 2021
Initial interviews with Charisma: no later than 26 April 2021
First interview: w/c 10 May 2021
Second interview: w/c 17 May 2021