Oasis Charitable Trust is a multi-national charity supporting young people and their families in 9 countries worldwide. Our vision is for building healthy communities: places where everyone is included, making a contribution and reaching their full potential.
Due to a successful funding bid, Oasis is now searching for a Project Coordinator to provide inspiring leadership with a new team of Youth Support Workers and volunteers on a groundbreaking project, supporting A&E Departments in the Greater Manchester area in reducing the harm to young people from violence. As this is a new project we are also recruiting for Youth Development Workers and an Administrator.
Key responsibilities for the Project Coordinator will be:
- Ensuring successful implementation of the Oasis Navigator pilot project.
- Working with safeguarding children teams to assess the needs of the vulnerable young people
- Building capacity of Emergency Department and Urgent Care staff with training and developing systems.
- Being responsible for securing funding for the project’s continuation and expansion
- Supervise and manage the Oasis Navigator team and volunteers
Amongst other requirements, the successful post holder must have:
- A relevant qualification in Youth & Community (JNC) or Teaching (QTS) or Social Work (QSW) at DipHE level or above OR able to demonstrate relevant experience.
- Proven experience working with young people ‘at risk’.
- Reliability, with a flexible approach to changes in circumstance and able to work unsocial hours
- Experience of project management, budget management and presentation skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to inspire and lead a new project, making a difference to communities on a local level, while individually improving the life chances of young people. As part of the package, Oasis offers:
- A pension scheme, currently offering 7% employer contribution
- A generous holiday allowance, starting at 25 days per year (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
- A supportive, friendly work environment, with flexible working arrangements
If you are interested in this position, please download the documents from this page or visit the Oasis UK charity website (CVs alone will not be accepted).
Completed applications should be returned by 9am Monday 25th January 2021.
Interviews will take place on 11th & 12th February 2021 (possibly in person or online)
FULL TIME, 40 HOURS PER WEEK (1 FTE)
FIXED TERM CONTRACT TO MARCH 2022
SALARY: £27,099 - £30,033 p.a. (plus 7% non-contributory pension)
LOCATION: GREATER MANCHESTER
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.