Community Project Worker (FTC)
Oasis Community Learning (OCL) is a ground-breaking global movement and group of charities and social enterprises working in 51 community hubs located in 11 countries across the world.
We create a new sense of neighbourhood in communities that had previously been forgotten by society and our community hubs enable people to come together and fulfil their potential.
We are also raising the educational bar through our academies. A family of 52 educational institutions serving over 28,000 students from a variety of backgrounds, our academies seek to close the educational gap that exists between disadvantaged students and their more privileged counterparts.
We’re now looking for a Community Project Worker to join us for a fixed-term contract until July 2022 and grow the community development offering within our South Bristol Oasis Hub.
- Salary of £23,836 - £26,999 pro rata
- Local government pension scheme
- Continuous professional development programme with training opportunities
- A supportive network and family of staff in a motivating working environment
- Make a positive, lasting difference within your community
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata plus Bank Holidays
If you have a background in community development and experience of delivering community projects, this is a fantastic opportunity to help break the cycle of disadvantage for families in Bristol.
You will have the chance to develop exciting initiatives that will help to enhance the health, wellbeing and personal development of local people and give them the confidence they need to succeed.
As a Community Project Worker, you will expand the existing community development offering within our South Bristol Oasis Hub.
Specifically, you will engage, and work with, hard to reach families and deliver programmes that will help them to develop their skills, knowledge and aspirations.
Working alongside the Hub Team and academy staff, you will:
- Build partnerships with other local groups
- Develop funding and volunteer capacity to support our academy and hub
- Improve outcomes by working directly with academy students and their families
- Create opportunities for parents/carers and their families to get involved in shaping and delivering the work of community projects
To join us as a Community Project Worker, you will need:
- Experience of implementing community projects
- Previous experience in community development
- Experience of working with challenging behaviours and attitudes
- A background of working with parents and/or carers, either in a voluntary or paid position
- A qualification in youth and community work or equivalent experience
Experience of any of the following would be beneficial: counselling, managing budgets, project management, or working with complex parents and families.
Other organisations may call this role Community Development Officer, Support Worker, Community Outreach Officer, Community Project Co-ordinator, Community Development Co-ordinator, or Youth Worker.
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week.
The closing date for applications is the 21st February 2020, with interviews scheduled to be held on the 28th February 2020.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
So, if you are seeking a rewarding contract as a Community Project Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.