Oasis is looking to appoint two passionate and committed early years practitioners/ Room Assistants to join our Mulberry Bush Pre-school team, South London.
The Mulberry Bush Pre-school provides wrap around childcare for primary aged children and is part of Oasis Community Partnership. We also offer sessional and day care 50 weeks of the years for pre-school children aged two to four years.
An opportunity has arisen for two After School Club Early Years Practitioners / Room Assistants to work with the young children, creating a stimulating and safe environment. The hours are Monday to Friday 14:30 – 18:00pm. Key responsibilities will include:
- Registering all children upon arrival and departure
- Collecting children from local schools in a safe manner
- To support children’s healthy eating/mealtimes, preparing snacks as required ensuring food hygiene standards are adhered to.
- To raise concerns regarding children with the Senior Team.
To be successful you will have:
- a caring and attentive nature with a focus on child development and safety is a must.
- the ability to walk to and from local schools as part of collecting children for the Club.
- the ability to communicate and encourage parents and families to get involved.
While we will consider candidates with no formal qualifications, someone with Level 3 qualifications is desirable, or also Level 2 qualifications with training.
In return you will
- join a truly warm and friendly working environment, with a team of professionals who really care for the children and support each other.
- receive relevant training opportunities to enable you to grow as a professional.
- join a non-contributory pension scheme with 7% employer contributions
As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity, we are open to candidates who want to apply as part of a job-share arrangement and we actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups.
If you are interested in joining this fantastic pre-school and want to know more, please go the Oasis UK charity website, or click on the documents on this page.
Closing date for completed applications is 9am Tuesday 9th November 2021. Interviews will be held week beginning 15th November 2021 in Old Coulsdon, South London.
Based at Mulberry Bush Pre-school, Old Coulsdon, South London
Part-time, up to 17.5 hours per week (2.30 – 6.00pm Monday to Friday)
Salary £5,187 - £9,573 p.a (depending on hours and experience)
*We will consider applicants who wish to apply as part of a job share.
We expect all staff to share our commitment to safeguarding children and young people and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks. The successful candidate must have proof of right to work in the UK.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.