Oasis Charitable Trust is a multi-national charity supporting young people and their families in 11 countries worldwide. Our vision is for building healthy communities: places where everyone is included, making a contribution and reaching their full potential.
The Oasis Hub Oldham team have been successful in obtaining funding for a Community Kitchen Project Worker. This person will support the Hub Team in running a community kitchen project, including cooking and serving food to over 100 young people at the Oasis Hub Oldham Hubabaloo Holiday club provision.
Key responsibilities will be:
- To support the project lead or provider in delivery of Oasis Community kitchen weekly sessions as well as our holiday club.
- Developing positive relationships with the volunteers working on these projects.
- Planning, preparing and delivering food (responding to dietary needs), and cleaning and tidying after.
- Assisting the Hub Leader by providing data for monitoring and evaluating purposes.
- Assisting with recruitment campaigns.
The successful post holder must have:
- A relevant qualification (minimum Level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate) and relevant experience (e.g. catering or café).
- A working knowledge of safeguarding, food hygiene and health and safety practices.
- Experience of working with and supporting volunteers.
- Be self-motivated, resilient, with excellent organisational and inter-personal skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing national organisation, making a difference to communities on a local level, while individually improving the life chances of young people. As part of the package, Oasis offers:
- A pension scheme, currently offering 7% employer contribution
- A generous holiday allowance, starting at 25 days per year (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
If you are interested in this position, please download the documents from this website page or go to the Oasis UK website for further information (CVs alone will not be accepted).
Completed applications should be returned by Midday Monday 7th October 2019.
Interviews will take place in Oldham on Monday 14th October 2019.
PART-TIME, 12 HOURS PER WEEK (0.3 FTE).
1 YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT
SALARY: £5,616 per annum (£18,720 FTE)
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.