- Do you enjoy building community and forming partnerships with local groups?
- Do you have a flair for securing funding and developing volunteer capacity?
- Are you passionate about supporting people at risk of NEET?
Our Community Project Worker role might be the role for you!
Oasis Hub Oldham are now looking for a Community Project Worker to engage and work with hard to reach families, supporting them to access Hub services and activities to develop their skills, knowledge and aspirations. The key to this role is working with families to improve outcomes and help break the cycle of disadvantage. Does this sound like you?
We are looking for someone who might have:
- Appropriate experience in areas such as community development, project management or you may have a relevant qualification.
- Experience working with young people at risk of NEET or helping people into employment.
- Experience of working with parents/carers and young people in need of support. This might even be in a voluntary capacity.
In return, working for Oasis offers:
- A pension scheme offering 7% employer contribution
- A generous holiday allowance, starting at 25 days per year (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
- A supportive, friendly work environment, with flexible working arrangements
Completed applications should be returned by 9am Monday 9th August 2021.
Interviews will take place in Oldham on Friday 20th August 2021.
To express your interest, please go to the Oasis UK charity website or click apply to see where to send your current CV and covering letter. One of our team will be in contact with you. We encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups.
As part of the wider Oasis family of hubs, Oasis Hub Oldham works to provide integrated, high quality services that benefit the whole person and the whole community. This is achieved by bringing together the Oasis ethos and values, local and national resources and expertise, and working together in and with local partners.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks. Candidates must have the right to work in the UK. We cannot assist with sponsorship or visas.
Salary: £23,396 per annum
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Full-time (40 hours per week, inclusive of breaks) in the Oldham area.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.