As part of the wider Oasis family of hubs, Oasis Hub Oldham works to provide integrated, high quality services that benefit the whole person and the whole community. This is achieved by bringing together the Oasis ethos and values, local and national resources and expertise, and working together in and with local partners.
Thriving Hollinwood is the on-going partnership between Oasis and Regenda Homes. This unique project is looking for a visionary Education and Youth Achievement Officer to be responsible for supporting progress, improving achievement, increasing access to opportunity and participation, in positive learning and development activity for targeted young people.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Co-ordination and delivery of education and youth work programmes engaging young people 14-19 at risk or currently not in education, employment or training (NEET)
- Working and networking with local agencies, community and leading partnerships.
- Develop a ‘youth-led’ approach to project sustainability.
- Be involved in the recruitment, training, and support of project volunteers.
- Support the development of employer networks.
- Demonstrate the link between youth provision and educational achievement through effective qualitative and quantitative project outcome reporting
This is very much a relationship building and project management role, and the successful applicant will also need to demonstrate:
- Recognised degree level qualification (e.g. NVQ Level 4)
- Experience of working in a youth/community/education setting and working with NEET young people
- Knowledge of child protection practices and health and safety.
- Proven ability to function in diverse settings and with a wide range of professional agencies and staff
- Proven ability to manage a range of different projects going on at the same time
- Excellent verbal and written communication and inter-personal skills.
Completed applications should be returned by Midday Monday 16th September 2019.
Interviews will take place in Oldham on either Friday 27th or Monday 30th September 2019.
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Part-time (24 hours per week, inclusive of breaks)
Salary: £13,898 per annum (£23,164 FTE)
For full details and an application form, please download the documents from this webpage or go to the Oasis UK website for further details. Please indicate in your enquiry where you saw this vacancy.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.