As part of the wider Oasis family of hubs, Oasis Hub Oldham works to provide integrated, high quality services that benefit the whole person and the whole community. The Thriving Hollinwood project is an on-going local partnership and is currently looking for a focussed Employability Project Leader to be responsible for improving employability, education and aspirational outcomes for targeted 16+ adults.
As well as engaging with 16+ people who are currently unemployed, you would be:
- designing a targeted project and supporting personal pathways to move individuals closer to the work environment
- working directly with target groups to improve engagement, manage and deliver a case load using a “community-led” approach.
- working with a network of local agencies, community partners and steering groups
- developing relationships with other schools, providers of NEET provision and employability programs.
This position offers you the chance to gain crucial project management experience, develop your ability to create corporate partnerships and have a positive and long-lasting impact in this community.
Applicants will need to be committed to the project and have the following:
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject or demonstrate relevant experience.
- Experience working in an educational, youth, community or adult education setting.
- Experience of 1 to 1 mentoring/counselling
- Proven knowledge of skills, training and employability projects
- competitive salary, plus pension and life assurance
- 25 days holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working practices and family friendly policies.
- A supportive working environment with a focus on staff development and wellbeing.
For further information or an application pack please download the documents on this page or go to the Oasis UK website. Please note that CVs alone will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications is midday, Tuesday 14th April 2020.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 23rd April 2020 at Oldham.
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Part-time (20 hours per week (0.5FTE), inclusive of breaks)
Salary: £11,582 per annum (£23,164 FTE)
(We would like to make you aware that Oasis Hub Oldham also have a Lead Youth Worker role and a Hub Community Project Worker role vacant as well – tell your friends!)
Oasis Charitable Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.