Oasis Charitable Trust is a multi-national charity supporting young people and their families in 11 countries worldwide. Our vision is for building healthy communities: places where everyone is included, making a contribution and reaching their full potential.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lead Youth Worker to work alongside our Oasis Hub Oldham team to deliver a programme of activities and opportunities that support the personal and social development of the young people within the local Oldham community.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Advise, support and mentor young people.
- To deliver a new youth programme (ages 9 – 13).
- Consult and involve young people in project design, delivery and evaluation.
- To liaise with youth partners across Greater Manchester, developing the opportunities within the provision.
- Support young people to engage in volunteering and leadership opportunities.
The successful post holder must have:
- A relevant professional qualification in Youth & Community work (Level 3 or above).
- Experience working in a youth/community setting alongside other statutory and voluntary organisations.
- Ability to function in diverse settings and with a wide range of professional agencies.
- Be self-motivated, resilient, with excellent organisational/administrative and inter-personal skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing national organisation, making a difference to communities on a local level, while individually improving the life chances of young people. As part of the package, Oasis offers:
- A pension scheme, currently offering 7% employer contribution
- A generous holiday allowance, starting at 25 days per year (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
If you are interested in this position, please download the documents from this page or contact Oasis UK to receive an application pack (CVs alone will not be accepted).
Completed applications should be returned by Midday Monday 16th September 2019.
Interviews will take place in Oldham on either Friday 27th or Monday 30th September 2019.
PART-TIME, 20 HOURS PER WEEK (0.5 FTE).
ONE YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT
SALARY: £11,582 per annum (£22,935 FTE)
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.