Oasis Community Partnerships is looking for someone who can combine an entrepreneurial flair and excellent leadership skills to become the new Community Hub Leader supporting the established Hub at Oldham.
The post holder will lead the development of the Hub, supporting the Academies and wider local community, and to hold the vision of integrated community delivery, which will include a range of services such as family support, holiday provision, volunteering, Youth mentoring, employability and NEET prevention. We are looking for an experienced Community Hub Leader who will take the Hub Charity to the next stage of development and grow the local community movement through our Christ-centred ethos. Some of the specific duties of this role include:
- planning, resource and coordinate the community Hub plan, measuring impact.
- building supportive working partnerships across the community and various groups.
- leading Hub strategic development (e.g. comms, income generation, MEL)
- developing a team that can grow an Oasis Movement (e.g. engaging staff, volunteers and community workers).
This is very much a relational and project management role. As such, the successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
- experience of leading community delivery and growing projects from start-up phase.
- innovative use of resources and budget management to maximise funding.
- a thorough knowledge and understanding community work and its’ potential for raising standards.
- an education to degree level or equivalent and /or relevant professional qualification.
This is a unique opportunity for a self-reliant and results-focused individual, who is looking to make a difference in this complex and high profile field of work. In return we offer:
- Flexible working practices which encourages innovation and fresh ideas.
- A supportive network and friendly team in a motivating working environment.
- A non-contributory defined benefit pension scheme with 7% employer contributions.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays), rising to 30 days after 2 years of service.
For full details, please go the Oasis UK charity website or download the documents on this page.
This will be a rolling recruitment campaign so we invite you to send in your CV and Covering Letter early to the Oasis UK charity Recruitment Team. CVs will not be accepted after Midday, Monday 6th December 2021. Final interviews will be held week beginning 13th December 2021, in Oldham.
Based in Oldham
Full Time (40 hours per week), Permanent Contract
£31,919 – 35,934 per annum
We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups. Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks. The successful candidate will need to show proof of right to work in the UK. Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1163889
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.