Through funding from Sport England, Oasis Hub Waterloo are developing a new - Active Community project. We are looking for a skilled, adaptable and committed Project Manager to be instrumental in spearheading easy access physical activity and sports opportunities that our community own and enjoy.
You’ll have significant experience of capacity building and community development and be able to rapidly deliver the 6 month pilot to test assumptions and achieve outcomes. As the project’s lead, you will think creatively to drive the project forward. Successfully build strong relationships and manage staff and volunteers to steer its future direction. Working alongside the Hub’s wider team, you will use your knowledge and experience to develop novel physical activity and sport opportunities for families and the community to get active.
The project has the potential to run longer than its pilot phase, during which time funding will be sought to continue the project if successful.
Duties will include to:
- Collect community insight and interpret the recommendations.
- Co-design activities using local assets to deliver them within agreed timescales.
- Design and ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- Be the point of contact for the project, lead a team and build relationships with local people.
You could be successful if you have:
- Significant experience of community development, health improvement, project management and relationship building.
- A track record of organising, planning and delivering sport and physical activity for families in an urban environment.
- Excellent understanding of the interplay between the environment, lifestyle and health.
- Experience of managing budgets, evaluation and staff.
- Experience of building relationships with communities, especially parents, children and young families.
- The ability to think creatively and generate the ideas and opportunities to integrate sport and activity into community life.
- The flexibility and willingness to deliver and be present at front facing sport and physical activity sessions.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
If you are interested in being part of this fantastic project and want to know more, please contact Oasis UK in London Waterloo or download the documents by clicking "Apply" on this page.
Closing date for completed applications: 9am Tuesday 12th November 2019.
Interviews will be held Wednesday 20th November, in London Waterloo with a potential follow up interview booked during w/c 25th November.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.