Guy’s & St. Thomas’ Charity (GSTC) and Battersea Power Station Foundation (BPSF) have awarded Oasis Hub Waterloo further funding for an exciting multi-year programme of work to tackle childhood obesity in a neighbourhood within the London Borough of Lambeth and Southwark through the Waterloo Neighbourhood Scheme.
To help us achieve our next set of ambitious goals, we are looking for two skilled, adaptable and committed Project Managers, to work alongside the Project Director and other dedicated Hub staff, who can work with a range of partners and professionals to trail-blaze a community led approach to increase healthy-weight by creating health enhancing, protective or habit disruptive - home, street and school environments.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Planning and delivering interrelated projects that deliver impact within agreed timescales, directed by the evidence base and the local context to create sustainable changes to the local food and physical environments.
- Support the development of a community movement which prioritises children’s health - through improving or creating local spaces children and families spend their time in.
- Working closely with the project evaluation partner provide data when required for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Commitment to Oasis’ ethos and joining in with the wider work of the Hub to make a difference to the lives of others.
To be successful you will have:
- Experience of managing competing demands, projects, budgets, evaluation and staff.
- Experience of building relationships with a variety of stakeholders across different organisations/sectors – particularly education professionals, businesses, school communities, especially parents and young people.
- Ability to take the lead and work independently as well as collaborate for success.
- The ability to overcome challenges and be solution focussed.
- Relevant qualifications (e.g. community development, health, education) or are able to demonstrate qualification by experience.
We expect all staff to share our commitment to safeguarding children and young people and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Interviews will be held on Friday 7th February 2020, in London Waterloo with a potential follow up interview booked during w/c 10th February 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.