Oasis Hub MediaCityUK has a new opportunity for a Youth Worker to work alongside the Hub team to deliver a programme of activities and opportunities that support the personal and social development of the young people within the local community based in Salford.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Supporting the Lead Youth Worker to deliver a full youth programme at our Friday evening youth club session
- Contributing to the planning, delivery and evaluation of the youth work curriculum.
- Delivering activities that empower young people and encourage personal and social development
- Working in partnership with local services (e.g. IYSS, the Youth Alliance)
- Support young people to engage in volunteering and leadership opportunities
The successful post holder must have:
- A relevant professional qualification in Youth & Community work (Level 3 or above)
- Experience working in a youth/community setting alongside other statutory and voluntary organisations
- Ability to function in diverse settings and with a wide range of professional agencies
- Be self-motivated, resilient, with excellent organisational/administrative and inter-personal skills
As part of the package, Oasis offers:
- A pension scheme, currently offering 7% employer contribution
- A generous holiday allowance
- Working as part of a global charity, while being supported by a friendly local team.
If you are interested in this position and wish to receive an Application Pack please download the documents from this page or contact the Recruitment Team at Oasis UK. (CVs alone will not be accepted).
Completed applications should be returned by Midday Wednesday 2nd October 2019.
Interviews will take place in Salford Wednesday 9th October 2019.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.