Oasis of Peace UK is an established national charity which raises funds for the peace village of Neve Shalom-Wahat al-Salam (NSWaS) in Israel, and awareness of its unique binational ethos. NSWaS is the only community in which Jewish and Arab-Palestinian citizens of Israel have chosen to live together in full peace and equality.
Our vibrant and dynamic charity seeks an ambitious and driven individual to fill the post of Events and Marketing Officer. The role will involve working with the Trustees and Executive Director (ED) to design a diverse and high-profile calendar of fund-raising events and to co-ordinate and implement the arrangement of these events. Although required to answer to the trustees and ED, and seek sign-off where appropriate, the successful applicant will also be given autonomy and opportunities to express their own creativity. The role will also involve extensive digital and social media marketing, identifying and cultivating new audiences and supporters and representing Oasis of Peace UK to the media, donors and stakeholders. Through these key responsibilities, the successful candidate will assist the ED in maximising the financial and brand potential of Oasis of Peace UK.
The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic charity and a passionate, friendly and supportive office team.
Part Time: 3 days (24 hours) a week - 0.6 contract - preferably Monday and two other days of the successful candidate’s choosing.
Salary: £22,000-£25,000, pro rata
The charity provides employer pension contributions. Work-related expenses are met, and funded work-related travel to Israel is provided.
Required skills and experience:
- Proficiency and experience in event planning, preferably in a fund-raising context
- Proficiency and experience in digital and social media marketing
- Good knowledge of Israel-Palestine and sensitivity to the political, cultural and religious issues involved
- A commitment to the ethos and ideals of Oasis of Peace UK
- High level of IT skill, beyond the usual Microsoft office products
- Experience of using a CRM system
- Exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills and a positive and energetic attitude
- An ability to cope with organising and managing pressurised events involving high-profile guests and supporters
- Initiative- the successful applicant while be supported to initiate as well as to execute projects
The successful candidate will:
- Plan and execute a calendar of events alongside the ED and the Board of Trustees
- Lead on the arrangement of logistics for events, including: co-ordinate invitations to our supporters; digital and print marketing; source locations and liaise with service providers; liaise with speakers/guests and their offices.
- Lead on Oasis of Peace marketing, especially digital; harness the potential of social media and Oasis of Peace’s exciting new website platform (not yet released) to engage with existing, and win new, supporters.
- Ensure the continued financial success of Oasis of Peace UK by assisting the ED in maximising revenue from events and cultivating and maintaining relationships with large donors.
- Process event payments and donations.
- Manage event and donation acknowledgements, such as thank you letters, social media content.
- The role requires occasional flexibility regarding hours and working days in order to provide cover for the ED when on leave and to when events occur outside normal working hours. This extra work can be made up with time off in lieu.
Applicants are requested to apply with a CV and a covering letter.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.