CARETAKER – OASIS HUB BATH
PART-TIME, 7 HOURS PER WEEK (0.175 FTE)
1 YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT (WITH A VIEW TO EXTEND)
SALARY: £3,517 per annum (£20,097 FOR 1FTE)
Oasis Hub Bath is a registered charity delivering a range of community work in and around the city of Bath. Much of our work is delivered in our church building Oasis Church Bath, including support groups, a food pantry, a counselling service and a mental health drop in. Due to our multiple partnerships and activities, we now require a caretaker to ensure our building is maintained and cared for to the highest standard possible. Our caretaker will enable all our important services to run, and for those who use them to feel welcomed and valued.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Weekly testing of the fire alarm system to ensure that the building is compliant and safe, to include checking the fire extinguishers.
- Monthly emergency lighting tests
- Ensure that the building is kept to a high standard of cleanliness in between routine cleaning.
- Carry out general odd jobs and small repairs
The successful post holder must have:
- Experience of buildings maintenance including DIY and building repairs
- Basic IT skills (must be able to use emails and a mobile phone)
- Knowledge and experience of Health and Safety systems
- Able to work with a wide range of people, including members of the public
- The ability to work independently and advise the best course of action within budget.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing national organisation, making a difference to communities on a local level, while individually improving the life chances of young people. As part of the package, Oasis offers:
- A pension scheme, currently offering 7% employer contribution
- A generous holiday allowance
- The opportunity to work as part of a national charity
We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups.
CV’s should be returned no later than 9am Monday 7th December 2020.
Interviews will take place in Waterloo w/c 14th December 2020 in Bath.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.