Creative, comms-minded and keen to make a difference in a community that deserves the best? This is your opportunity to support Oasis Academy Isle of Sheppey and Oasis Academy Skinner Street, members of one of the largest school trusts in the UK, to boost their students’ success, raise aspirations and strengthen the academies’ reputations locally.
This will be a rewarding yet challenging role with every opportunity to make a substantial difference whilst developing and proving your skills in marketing and public relations.
Our offer to you:
- The opportunity to be a part of something bigger, changing lives and giving disadvantaged young people a chance to succeed and reach their potential
- CPD opportunities – it is important to us that our staff are given the opportunity to learn and develop on-the-job to match their career goals and aspirations
- Generous holiday allowance – staff initially receive 25 days + bank holidays, rising to 30 after two years of service + bank holidays
- Defined benefit pension – all employees can opt for our pension scheme with life cover, lower tax, ill health cover and a set rate of LGPS 1/49
- Expenses and travel costs paid
- Wellbeing resources and staff counselling services
More about the role…
If you’re looking for a job with variation, and scope to lead then supporting these two schools will certainly provide that. More of your time will be spent supporting Oasis Academy Isle of Sheppey. The academy has been on a real journey since joining Oasis and whilst currently judged as ‘Requires Improvement’ by Ofsted, robust support is in place to boost the academy towards ‘Good’. Oasis Academy Skinner Street, in the heart of Gillingham, is ‘Good’, but requires your support to take it that step further.
We need a confident communicator, with experience of managing negative PR and a strong understanding of social media who will be able to join our team with a clear idea of where they want to take our marketing strategies. An understanding of the Sheppey community would be desirable. We passionately believe that every child at the academy can reach their potential with us and when they leave school, are prepared and ready to start a fulfilling career or further study. We need your help to instil this aspiration throughout the school and community.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A degree level education or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience in digital communications and social media marketing
- Confidence to readily engage with staff, parents and the local community so as to drive forward positive messaging that reflects both inspirational academies
- An aptitude for creative thinking
- Strong written communication skills
- The ability to make sound judgements, prioritising tasks
- Experience working with journalists is desirable although not essential
- Experience with Adobe design software is also desirable
As an organisation, we specialise in working in socially deprived communities, and have intentionally positioned our education services within some of the most challenging, yet potential-rich, communities in the country. Our ethos of inclusion, equality, healthy working relationships, hope and perseverance is key to achieving our mission and we would expect candidates to champion this. Find out more about us here.
Ready for the challenge? Apply today!
Please complete the application form and return by no later than 5pm on Friday 26th March. If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to get in touch with us and we’ll be happy to have a discussion with you about this.
Please not that we will not be able to accept CV applications alone – all candidates will be required to complete full application forms prior to any interview.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role. Enhanced DBS checks will be required for the safeguarding of our academy families.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.