OASIS NAVIGATOR YOUTH DEVELOPMENT WORKERS (x4)
PART / FULL TIME ROLES AVAILABLE
FIXED TERM CONTRACT TO SEPTEMBER 2022
SALARY: £23,630 p.a. (as a full-time role)
Are you interested in joining a team of Youth Development Workers working on a groundbreaking project, supporting A&E Departments in the Greater Manchester area in reducing the harm to young people from violence? Oasis is hiring and has a range of part/full time roles available now!
Key responsibilities for the Youth Development Workers will be:
- Offering intensive 1:1 support to young people who present to A&E due to violence, including support for the parent / carers and family unit.
- Designing a bespoke plan for the young person (inc referrals partners, agencies)
- Developing the skills of staff within A&E in engaging with young people who come into A&E as a result of a violent incident.
- Engaging with GMCA Community Safety Team and GM Police
- Take part in the evaluation, strategy, and development of the project in an ongoing process.
Amongst other requirements, the successful post holder must have:
- A demonstratable relevant experience OR qualification in Youth & Community (JNC) or Social Work (QSW) or SEND
- Proven experience working with young people ‘at risk’.
- Reliability, with a flexible approach to changes and able to work unsocial hours
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a newly created project based in A&E Departments, making a difference to communities on a local level, while individually improving the life chances of young people. As part of the package, Oasis offers:
- A pension scheme, currently offering 7% employer contribution
- A generous holiday allowance and training opportunities
- A supportive, friendly work environment, with flexible working arrangements
A range of roles are available with hours ranging from 20-40 hours per week for 12 months contract. If anyone is interested in taking this opportunity as a secondment than please check out the Oasis website for further details.
If you are interested in this position, please check out the Oasis website for an Application Pack. (CVs alone will not be accepted). We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups.
Completed applications should be returned by 9am Thursday 7th October 2021.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 14th October 2021 (possibly in person or online)
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
The successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK. Oasis cannot assist with sponsorship or visas.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487