Project Officer - Communications
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Full-time (40 hours per week inc breaks)
£23,801 per annum
STOP THE TRAFFIK is a groundbreaking charity established in 2006, working with communities across the world to assist in preventing modern slavery and human trafficking.
STOP THE TRAFFIK is looking to recruit a Project Officer - Communications. This communications role is critical to our model of building resilient communities, using various digital platforms.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be to develop the communications for the Aman Safety project, which aims to raise awareness about human trafficking, ensuring vital information reaches Syrian Refugees and Asylum Seekers who are fleeing conflict and seeking safety.
For this role you must be fluent in both English and Arabic languages to a high level, both written and spoken.
Supported by the Project Manager, some of the activities the postholder will do include:
- Communicating analytical intelligence into an engaging narrative for a range of audiences.
- Assisting with Arabic and English translations and adding social media content in Arabic.
- Supporting and delivering presentations for multi-agency partnerships.
- Evaluating the projects and finding ways to use learnings in future work.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have an Undergraduate degree in relevant field or equivalent experience (e.g. journalism digital creative, communications assistant and social media.)
- Possess the advanced ability to craft written messages and tailor them to specific audiences.
- Open to the concept of agile working, moving between teams and using your skills and voice to support other teams’ projects.
In return you will be rewarded by working with a supportive and friendly team, working on an interesting high profile, global issue, conveniently based in our Central London office. This could be the next exciting step in your communications career.
Closing date for applications: Midday on Wednesday 7th October 2020.
Interviews will be held on the 14th & 19th October 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.