Youth Development Outreach Worker – Mental Health Specialist
Oasis Community Hub Hadley encompasses a variety of integrated and diverse community projects which together have a common aim to bring transformation to the whole person and the whole community. Oasis Hub Hadley with North Middlesex Hospital A&E department, is looking for a dedicated Youth Development Outreach Workers with a mental health specialism to support young people who have experienced violence which has had a negative impact on their mental wellbeing.
This role’s primary purpose is to participate in a youth outreach service that provides additional support for young people who have been affected by violence and require support with their own mental wellbeing.
- Offering and facilitating intensive 1:1 support for young people.
- Planning and delivering mental wellbeing workshops that develop the strategies for looking after your own mental health.
- Link young people into appropriate services.
- Develop and evaluate a model of care that enables young people to benefit from community based interventions.
- Ensure new referrals are received and passed on in a timely manner.
- Assist the team by facilitating high quality information gathering/sharing to track the support given and the success of the project.
You could be successful in this role if you:
- Have a relevant qualification in the mental health field.
- Experience of working in a youth/community setting affected by youth crime.
- Experience of mentoring / supporting young people.
- Possess excellent oral/written communication and organisational skills.
- Are self-motivated, with the ability to take initiative and work under some pressure.
This role is a challenging but very rewarding opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of some of the most vulnerable young members of society who are living in challenging circumstances. If you are interested in being part of this life-changing service and want to know more, please contact Oasis UK by visting Oasis UK Charity website.
Please submit your CV and covering letter at your earliest convenience by visting our Oasis UK Charity website. Please expand on your CV to tell us about how your character, qualities, experience, and qualifications/training will enable you to thrive in this job.
Closing date for completed applications is Midday 2nd January 2024. Interviews will be held during the week commencing 8th January 2024 in Ponders End, Enfield.
We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups. If you require any assistance to overcome potential barriers, please let us know. Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Location - Oasis Community Hub Hadley and North Middlesex University Hospital
Hours - Full-Time, 40 hours per week (1 FTE)
Fixed Term Contract to March 2025
Salary - £26,072 - £31,721 per annum
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No.1026487
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.