YOUTH MINISTRY WORKER
2 Year Fixed Term Contract
Part-time 32 hours per week, inc of breaks (0.8 FTE, negotiable)
Salary: £16,626.40 per annum (£20,783 for 1FTE)
MediaCityUK Church is a partnership between Oasis Church and the United Reformed Church. We are a community of ordinary people exploring life together, where everyone is welcomed. As part of the wider Oasis family of hubs, MediaCityUK Church and Community Hub works to provide integrated, high quality services that benefit the whole person and the whole community.
An opportunity has arisen for a Youth Ministry Worker based in Salford.
Under the supervision of the Lead Youth Worker, the Youth Ministry Worker’s key responsibilities include:
- Developing and leading youth ministry within the church and wider community.
- Building positive relationships with young people and promoting social, emotional and spiritual growth.
- Working alongside local youth work partnerships to support and develop the youth provision in the local community.
- Contributing to the planning, delivery and evaluation of the church youth work curriculum.
- To support the wider youth provision within Oasis Academy MediaCityUK
As well as a passion for youth work, this is very much a relationship and ministry building role and the successful applicant will also need to demonstrate:
- A relevant qualification in Youth Work and Ministry or is able to demonstrate relevant experience at this level within the sector.
- Experience working within a youth/faith/community setting alongside other statutory and voluntary organisations
- Previous experience implementing youth ministry programmes
If you are interested in applying for this role, then please:
Email your CV including a Supporting Statement via the Oasis website . Your Supporting Statement (max of two A4 pages) must address the following questions:
- In what ways does your professional background and personal and spiritual experience qualify you for this position and enable young people to make choices that positively improves their lives?
- How would you seek to incorporate the Oasis ethos into your working practice?
For full details please go to the Oasis UK charity website.
Completed applications should be returned by 9am, Monday 22nd November 2021.
Interviews will take place in Salford on w/c 29th November 2021.
*This role has an occupational requirement for applicants to actively embrace the Christian ethos and values of Oasis. We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1163889
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.