Deputy Manager, Project Antifreeze
To assist the Antifreeze Manager in the day to day running of the centre, including street outreach and to work as part of the Antifreeze team identifying and providing individually tailored, lifesaving, support for those experiencing homelessness. To offer Christian spiritual support to the clients and team members, by drawing on the post holder’s Christian faith.
- To lead the street outreach programmes, SALT and BLAZE. The Deputy Manager will not be asked to do more than two evenings a week with the other 2 evenings covered through recruiting and training volunteers.
- To help lead prayer meetings and our weekly Christian worship service for clients, staff and volunteers.
- Manage the team and the Antifreeze premises in the Manager’s absence.
- To support the manager to review and develop the whole work of Antifreeze within the Christian ethos of OTF.
- Assist the Manager with recruitment, training, supervision and inductions for staff, interns and volunteers.
- To help organise and where appropriate, lead empowerment/life skills courses and group wellbeing activities for clients.
- Where required, speak to supporters, churches and organisations about the work of Antifreeze and Off The Fence, ensuring the Christian culture and values of the charity are represented.
- To assist the Manager with the day to day running of the centre, including cleaning duties, helping with the laundry/shower service and keeping the centre in an organised state.
- To join the Manager in ensuring all OTF H&S policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure appropriate boundaries are kept between clients, staff and volunteers and that safeguarding procedures are always adhered to.
- Offering practical, Christian spiritual and emotional support to our homeless clients including benefit claims and housing advice.
- To participate in and help organize the OTF Big Sleep Out in November each year.
- Refer clients to agencies and to network with agencies to find the best possible solutions.
- Promoting the independence, health and self-worth of the service users.
- Encourage service users to access training or employment.
- Where welcomed, to make the most of one-to-one and any other opportunities to share your faith, the Bible and pray when appropriate.
- Formally agree with the Christian statement of faith that has been adopted by Off The Fence
- Holds a full UK driving license.
- Previous experience and knowledge of working with homeless or vulnerable housed clients in a voluntary or paid capacity
- Experience in leadership or the desire to learn to lead & a confidence in an ability to do so
- Good people skills
- Good computer, communication, written and administration skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Ability to express share your faith and the love of God appropriately and have a strong sense of calling to help break the cycle of homelessness in Brighton and Hove
- Ability to network with local agencies/services
- Good knowledge of housing and welfare advice
· Previous experience of leading a team of volunteers:
Please complete a CV and Application Form
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.