Job Title: Finance Director
Hours: Part time, 30 hours a week / Permanent
Salary: up to £46,000 FTE dependent on experience
Location: Bristol, with some flexible working
We are working in partnership with Off The Record, a mental health charity supporting young people aged 11 to 25. OTR have seen a significant increase in demand for their youth mental health services and now reach over 13,000 young people each year. They have widened their impact even further by expanding services into North Somerset and developing work within schools. They are now seeking an exceptional Finance Director to join their developing Senior Leadership Team to provide financial leadership.
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant, with Charity experience and demonstrate:
- Experience of leading financial strategy, planning, financial stewardship, and control.
- Previous exposure to audit procedures, project management, governance, and risk management processes.
- Experience of leading teams and operating at a senior level in a charity/ commercial/public sector environment
- Strong understanding of preparing statutory accounts in accordance with the Companies Acts and Charity SORP
- Strong negotiating skills: able to persuade and influence colleagues and key stakeholders at all levels.
We are looking for an individual with extensive experience in finance who has operated at a senior level. The successful candidate will be a flexible and meticulous individual who is able to present complex information to a range of audiences and lead multiple functions. You will also have accountability for our HR and Facilities functions and oversight of two income channels - Trade and Grants. In addition, as part of our Senior Leadership Team, you will shape our strategic direction and ensure that we continue to provide an outstanding offer for young people. Equally important is a strong personal interest in and commitment to the mental health of young people.
For more information, please contact Sandra Smith, Charisma Charity Recruitment.
Applications should be submitted through the Charisma website and include your CV and supporting statement.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or other category protected by law.
Closing date: 27 February 2022