Flexible working available. We are open to a wide range of locations and working patterns, please ask.
We are seeking a talented Communications Officer to develop, produce and publish an assortment of high-quality, impactful and engaging content across the multimedia mix (video, photo, audio, text). Reporting to the Head of Communications, the Communications Officer is a key role in growing OKRE’s digital presence and online community. You'll ensure that OKRE is a relatable, credible and trustworthy broker between the entertainment industries, academic research communities and those with diverse lived experience, raising awareness of our objectives and activities with these audiences.
- Working closely with the Director and Head of Communications you will plan develop, create and manage digital content for OKRE’s digital platforms to increase our digital influence and presence
- To create powerful and imaginative digital content across the multimedia mix (video, audio, photo, text) that will tell the story of what OKRE does, to raise the profile and reach of our activity
- Write original and edit existing copy for OKRE’s platforms and projects as well as contribute where appropriate for other communication assets and collateral
- To manage our social media channels, creating meaningful interactions and conversations with our followers
- To monitor our social media channels, identifying key trends that will inform our strategy
- To work closely with the rest of the Communications Team to create an ongoing and cohesive schedule for our digital platforms
- Ability to communicate with diverse audiences across a range of channels
- Experience in social media management (including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) and increasing engagement and followers
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Strong video creation skills including filming and editing
- Good skills with creating and disseminating podcasts
- Demonstrable experience of content creation and dissemination
- Adobe Creative suite experience (Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere especially)
- Experience of working with the entertainment and/or research sector
- Entrepreneurial spirit, growth mindset, and collaborative nature
- Calm and creative approach to problem-solving
- Strong attention to detail
- Used to working to strict deadlines and on own initiative
- A good knowledge and understanding of the entertainment industries (film, broadcast, games), research and social impact sector
To apply please send your CV along with a cover letter of no more than one page. Please also include two examples of social media content you have created with your application, preferably audio/video content.
OKRE: Opening Knowledge across Research & Entertainment is a new charity and unique, global hub of expertise bringing together research, entertainment and personal lived experience. Through facilitating better cross-sector collaboration, OKRE supports the creation of compelling content that expands our understanding of the world.
We work with a diverse range of partners including Wellcome, UKRI, Joseph Rowntree Foundation, Unbound Philanthropy, BFI, BBC, UKIE, Bond: International Development Network, Science & Entertainment Exchange and Counterpoints Arts.
OKRE’S four strand of work:
- Research: Bringing together a rich mix of expertise to improve understanding of how entertainment impacts on audiences and shapes perceptions and beliefs.
- Network: A matchmaking service connecting experts from the fields of research, entertainment and the social impact sector, to inspire new ways of thinking.
- Events: A year-round programme of events focused on exchanging ideas and improving collaboration by bringing together researchers, content creators and those with a range of lived experiences. OKRE as a hub of content would also communicate aligned stakeholder events.
- Funding: providing time and space for the development of innovative cross-sector ideas and collaborations.
OKRE’s audiences are primarily professionals in entertainment, research and social impact. There is a public facing side to OKRE and an interest in maximising engagement to achieve our mission.
- Research: organisations funding or undertaking research in science, social science, humanities and the arts.
- Social impact: organisations whose primary focus is not research, but social impact and engagement related to research and direct lived experience. This includes charities, foundations, trusts, learned societies, museums and galleries. It also includes the corporate social responsibility departments of commercial organisations.
- Entertainment: we work with those funding, representing and creating scripted, nonscripted & interactive content. This includes film, broadcast (live and streamed), games, immersive (AR/VR), podcasting, radio and social media original content.
To apply please submit your CV along with a cover letter of no more than one page. Please also include two examples of social media content you have created with your application, preferably audio/video content.