We are now at the exciting stage where we are looking to recruit a Fundraising Manager to support our work, and to help the organisation to achieve its ambitious plans for growth. For this home-based role, the successful candidate will focus on specific fundraising areas identified in the fundraising strategy. Highly motivated, skilled and resourceful, they will have management skills, influencing abilities and a proven track record of delivery across the fundraising mix including community fundraising, events, trusts and grants and managing high value relationships.
Above all, they will be a creative thinker who can translate ideas into action, whilst demonstrating a strategic and proactive approach to researching, targeting and recruiting donors/supporters. The post-holder is expected to contribute to On Call Africa’s initiatives and development activities at a senior level. Within the small team all staff are expected to work in a flexible way and tasks that have not been covered in the job description may have to be undertaken.
This is hands-on position is a part-time role, based from home (preferably in Scotland), with some travel across the UK. The post has a salary of £26,000 per year pro rata (£15,600). Interviews will be held in the UK or via skype during week commencing 16th March 2020. Closing date for applications is at 5pm on 11th March 2020.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The key functions of the role are:
1. Trust and foundations – Carrying out research, developing a pipeline, writing applications, writing reports and building relationships with trusts, foundations and institutional funders such as DfID ad Scottish Government.
2. Event fundraising– Organise a diverse range of fundraising events such as dinners, challenge events, and engagement events. In 2020 the post-holder will lead on a 10th anniversary dinner in Glasgow, a cycle challenge in Zambia, and an engagement event in London
3. Alumni fundraising – On Call Africa has a large network of volunteers who have helped to deliver our work in Zambia. The Post-holder will work with the Operations Manager to develop and alumni network to continue to engage doctors after their volunteer placement with On Call Africa.
4. Marketing and communications – Maintain communication with donors through regular newsletters, social media and website updates. Devise and run fundraising campaigns to support strategic objectives.
5. Partnerships – developing relationships with existing and prospective partners and work together to develop joint fundraising bids.
6. Strategy – Develop the organisational fundraising strategy to support On Call Africa’s strategic objectives. As a member of the senior management team the post-holder will also contribute to strategic direction of the organisation.
7. Database management – The post-holder will manage the On Call Africa CRM database, ensuring that the database is up to date and GDPR compliant.
The successful candidate must have a proven ability to work independently and flexibly to achieve outcomes without close supervision and without administration support. We are looking for an individual who is motivated by a passion for international development, an effective communicator, and who is familiar with the demands of running a small charity.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a copy for your CV together with a covering letter.
The closing date for application is 5pm 11th March 2020
Interviews will be held via skype during week commencing 16th March 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.