ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
As part of the Global Campaigns team, the Campaigns Officer will deliver impactful and innovative campaigns and actions that engage new and existing supporters and demonstrate grassroots support for ONE’s policy goals and mission. The Campaigns Officer will be responsible for helping to grow ONE’s supporter base, delivering and coordinating a range of global and market specific campaigns, working with the wider Engagement and Mobilization team, advocacy, global communications and country teams.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic and enthusiastic team player, skilled in developing digital (specifically email) and offline campaigns for an international audience. This is a full-time role reporting to the Mobilization Director and can be based in London or Washington, DC.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Develop public mobilization strategies for specific global and regional campaigns - including tactics, supporter journeys and the building of emails and action pages.
- Partner with ONE’s country campaigners to create focused campaigns to engage supporters on a national level and help us reach and exceed benchmarks.
- Coordinate the development of campaign messaging, tactics and content that are on brand and communicate ONE’s message to our audiences.
- Coordinate market email schedules and builds, alongside the rest of the team and markets priorities.
- Work with the digital innovation and insights team to coordinate ONE's email marketing testing program and support colleagues with advice on email marketing best practice
- Work with the wider Engagement and Mobilization Department to analyze campaign performance in order to improve campaigns and make adjustments as and when needed.
- Stay abreast of new and emerging campaign tactics and technologies and share this with Global campaign team members and other teams as appropriate.
- Any other duties as appropriate to the role as determined by the Mobilization Director and Global Campaign Senior Director.
WHAT YOU BRING TO ONE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 4 years’ experience of managing digital campaigns and of working with CRM, online organizing or advocacy systems such as ActionKit.
- Experience of Content Management Systems such as WordPress.
- Experienced in writing campaign focused emails to supporters and managing email journeys for international audiences.
- Experience of campaign and email testing, analysis, reporting and evaluation.
- Some project management experience / experience of leading on smaller projects and working within specialized teams.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience of email marketing and social media best practices.
- Experienced in creating content and leading on projects for an international or diverse audience.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and strong interpersonal skills.
- Very well organized with a proven ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Flexibility and resourcefulness to respond to a fast-paced work environment with shifting deadlines.
- Experience of working within a campaigns, advocacy, or communications environment.
- A commitment to ONE’s mission.
- Ability to work and live in either the United Kingdom, USA, France or Nigeria is required.
Fluency in English required. Additional languages (French, German) a plus.
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit an application on our job page.
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Due to the high volume of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity. We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality.
Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s supporters are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.